Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee and grinder: good deal!

Options
  • 24-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just wanted to share this deal here as I have been looking around for an affordable grinder and have been really disappointed in the expensive prices. So I jumped on this right away:

http://www.zabucoffee.co.uk/

You get a coffee grinder, a bag of beans AND shipping included--all for 12.97 British pounds.

Pretty good if you ask me!

I just ordered mine last night --will follow up on review when it arrives :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marah

It's even BETTER--sorry---: you get TWO bags of coffee plus grinder and shiping included for 12.97 pounds !!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good value alright..

.. they'll keep sending you beans unless you cancel so bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

...and they don't deliver outside the UK.

Tazz T wrote: »
    ...and they don't deliver outside the UK.
    I did notice that in FAQ too..

.. although allowed me to go to checkout just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

That grinder looks useless for coffee (blade grinder). You'd be better off investing in a proper burr grinder especially if using with an espresso machine.

http://www.wholelattelove.com/articles/grinders_101.cfm#3

• Advertisement

I thought they were going to charge me more for Irish delivery--but then my order went through?

So unless I get a message telling me that they are cancelling, it looks ok so far. Will let ya know!

(ps: I read a review about someone who already got the grinder and they used it--sounded ok? I am not expecting it to be a top of the line though ;) ...but I am a bit broke at the moment!

That grinder looks useless for coffee (blade grinder). You'd be better off investing in a proper burr grinder especially if using with an espresso machine.

http://www.wholelattelove.com/articles/grinders_101.cfm#3
    Or go the whole hog like myself and get a bean-to-cup machine!

Thanks for the education re: grinders. I obviously have a lot to learn....

Also: just popped off an email to the company telling them I found the deal through a blog and didn't realize they didn;t ship to Ireland....but that my order went through and are they going to honor it or not....

Will let ya know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Marah wrote: »

Also: just popped off an email to the company telling them I found the deal through a blog and didn't realize they didn;t ship to Ireland....but that my order went through and are they going to honor it or not....

Will let ya know ;)

...and alerted them to a possible problem with their system so that they can cancel peoples orders.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

How BIG are the bags, anybody knows the actual weight?

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    How BIG are the bags, anybody knows the actual weight?
    2 x 227g bags..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I just received an email saying

"However, on our website we state that we do not currently deliver outside of the UK. As your delivery address is in the Republic Of Ireland the cost of Overseas delivery will apply. Therefore, we ask that all subsequent deliveries to you from Zabu Coffee will be charged with a delivery rate of £4.99, which brings the total price to £14.97 per order."

I advised them it was Ok with me to cancel it though it seemed strange to deliver only to UK but yet allow multiple country options in the drop down

"Thank you for bringing the incorrect delivery options on our website to our attention, which we will now amend. Apologies for any inconvenience which we may have caused.
    We are happy to send you your introductory delivery for the amount stated of £12.97. However if you wish to receive regular monthly deliveries from us, we can do so with an additional delivery charge of £4.99 p&p, bringing the total to £14.97"

I just received an email saying

"However, on our website we state that we do not currently deliver outside of the UK. As your delivery address is in the Republic Of Ireland the cost of Overseas delivery will apply. Therefore, we ask that all subsequent deliveries to you from Zabu Coffee will be charged with a delivery rate of £4.99, which brings the total price to £14.97 per order."

I advised them it was Ok with me to cancel it though it seemed strange to deliver only to UK but yet allow multiple country options in the drop down

"Thank you for bringing the incorrect delivery options on our website to our attention, which we will now amend. Apologies for any inconvenience which we may have caused.
    We are happy to send you your introductory delivery for the amount stated of £12.97. However if you wish to receive regular monthly deliveries from us, we can do so with an additional delivery charge of £4.99 p&p, bringing the total to £14.97"

I just got the same email and am fine with the amount so far:) If I like the coffee I will keep it going on next month---if not, I shall cancel.

So yes---I am getting my two bags o coffee and the grinder for 12.97 pounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Oracle wrote: »

Most of those positive reviews are people using it to grind spices, nuts, seeds and tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Most of those positive reviews are people using it to grind spices, nuts, seeds and tablets.

Yeah that's true, I'm getting it to grind my nuts ..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Just tried to order but UK is the only option when selecting your country :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

batmanzed wrote: »
    Just tried to order but UK is the only option when selecting your country :-(

see post 9 for your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Marah wrote: »

Will let ya know ;)

You just ruined Christmas for the orphans!!

By Christmas I mean this Bargain, and by Orphans I mean me :(

Advertisement