Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef prices

Options
  • 24-04-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Dose any know what's going to happen with beef prices in the coming to months have bullocks and cows coming fit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Duke92 wrote: »
    Dose any know what's going to happen with beef prices in the coming to months have bullocks and cows coming fit

If we did we be made, my own opinion and I might be wrong is that prices will be firm form now until September especially for underage bullocks, Cows will be a good trade also finished cattle will be scarce it is hard to see kill above 30,000 for the rest of the year. Now it will not be as hot as some fella's buying think. I think the base will be arounf 4 Euro's for rest of year. After christmas is a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

If we did we be made, my own opinion and I might be wrong is that prices will be firm form now until September especially for underage bullocks, Cows will be a good trade also finished cattle will be scarce it is hard to see kill above 30,000 for the rest of the year. Now it will not be as hot as some fella's buying think. I think the base will be arounf 4 Euro's for rest of year. After christmas is a different story

I cant see a base price being anywhere near 4 euro for the fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Lads are ye up for a little wager?

€5 to charity for whoever is closest to the base price on say 1st October?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Will that be the
    • 'official as quoted to the dept of agriculture' price in the ifj?
    • Or will be the price quoted in the pub/mart?
    • Steers/bulls/heifers/cull cows?

Never mind what grade. Or weight. Or age:(

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

blue5000 wrote: »
    Will that be the
    • 'official as quoted to the dept of agriculture' price in the ifj?
    • Or will be the price quoted in the pub/mart?
    • Steers/bulls/heifers/cull cows?

Never mind what grade. Or weight. Or age:(

Well we can set the parameters any way we want - as long as everybody knows them at the start

just thought it might be a bit of craic and raise a couple of quid for charity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

3.70 base price for heifers 15/10/12

Not sure if I want to win this prize or not :(

Thinking about this during the afternoon, I think the price will be less for November so around 3.60, as it has to be this low, Spring 12, 4e even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Duke92 wrote: »

I'll tell you if you can give me the lotto numbers for tonight;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Average weighted price Farmers journal price 2/12/12
    Steers= 3.90
    Heifers=3.9
    'U' Bulls fat grade 2+= 3.9

Ps Bob I be happy with 3.70 in the fall

Advertisement