Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting annoyed with the Rent a Server >:(

Options
  • 24-04-2012 1:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dont know if everyone likes the new feature but i am hating it. Everytime im doing really well in a game and racking up the kills i get booted from the server.
    I just like going in having a few games and getting off but as soon as I get kicked from a server I just turn the machine off. Last night i was in Metro (Conquest) and the team had us spawn trapped, too out the sniper rifle which i am useless with and took them all out, flanked up the left along the trains and capped the ticket hall, their team noticed something was wrong came back and i oblitherated them and got the boot. So off i go into another server Grand Baazar where snipers are camping overlooking the spawn i take out the sniper rifle, drill about 6-7 and then get kicked again. Its ruining the game for me at this stage.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

There's a few decent servers knocking about but a lot of them are owned by **** who can't take a beating. Try going to Server Browser and entering "DICE" in the search option. Will direct you to some official servers were other players don't have authority to kick, etc. They're usually full but it's worth waiting an extra few minutes for a free space to get away from the bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TheFunker

Yeah the rented servers are turning into a joke.

Then again, we shouldnt expect anything different. Alot of immature teenage dickheads who play xbox or ps3 online.

But being honest I think its mental to pay something like 20 euro to rent a server for 30 days :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Really annoying getting kicked for playing normally. I've seen servers where there's no shotguns, no claymores, no stingers.

Basically, anything that ever killed the server mod is banned. And I bet he has a notepad for more. Knives. Fecking hate knives. They're banned too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,550 ✭✭✭✭klose

Search Ptfo if your looking for good team orientated games, no ****e in them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

Im getting fairly sick of them last night, was playing with a few mates using the voice chat and using a balanced squad started dominating due to the opposition running around like headless chickens and the 3 of us get booted and banned, but it was ok for the admins team to camp and spawn farm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

I suppose the best thing you can do is search for a few DICE servers and the boards ones on here and favourite them. i agree thats the new system is flawed but there are ways of making the most of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

beggars can't be choosers...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MarkR wrote: »
    Really annoying getting kicked for playing normally. I've seen servers where there's no shotguns, no claymores, no stingers.
    Sounds very much like some of the PC servers.
    MarkR wrote: »
    Basically, anything that ever killed the server mod is banned. And I bet he has a notepad for more. Knives. Fecking hate knives. They're banned too.
    Yup, sounds very much like some PC servers. But only some. The bad ones stay empty, and the good ones will stay full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Its ruined the game for me, im on xbox, this is the greatest game ive ever played, i was a die hard COD fan, but liked the limited objectives in it, so with more in battlefield i loved it, i always try to play as much to help the team as i can, we were getting hammered by tanks in one game, i whipped out c4 repeatedly took their tanks out, banned!

I have searched Dice and added to favourites but it limits the number of favourites i can add, i have it full of official servers but they may aswell remove the quick game feature as you get dumped into idiot rule servers.

Im still playing it but its a major negative for me about the game, but like i said best game ive ever played, would love if they removed rent a server but money talks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I got kicked during the week for being a Natural Born Killer. ;)

But seriously, got kicked halfway through a 1750 ticket map for no reason. Another admin. changed me to the losing team for no reason.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I hadnt played BF3 for a couple of months up to last week and i just havent enjoyed the game at all since this rent a server crap. Seems like every server i jump on has teams that are completely unbalanced as well though i dont know if thats intentional or not.

Pretty much sick of it at the moment.

Not sure if it's just me but I haven't found a European DICE server in what feels like forever, just Asian and Australian ones. The ones I had saved vanished.

Stuck on official EA servers now but they're nearly as painful as the rented ones. No hardcore, no mixed games and it's either all original or all B2K maps. :mad:

I'm tempted to rent out a server just to be able to play the game properly again... but of course, thats what they're trying to encourage by shutting down the official servers. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

www.mp1st.com/2012/05/07/where-did-all-the-battlefield-3-official-dice-servers-go-on-console-dice-cm-answers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=where-did-all-the-battlefield-3-official-dice-servers-go-on-console-dice-cm-answers

URL looks a bit long, but article on where the DICE servers are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Can not find an offical European Dice server :mad: , even when I do a search as people are naming there own servers a Dice ones:rolleyes:.

SpitfireIRL's link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭Damien360

Have DICE pulled a lot of their own servers ? very hard to find one that is not full and not a rent a server. I got kicked on metro for killing the admin when the fool was camping. This is starting to kill the game for me. If I cannot enjoy it, I will just sell it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its really frustrating, on a Conquest Metro the other night, 3 in my party, one ends up on the opposing side straight away. (Admins had NO SHOTGUNS/NO SPAWN RAP!NG/NO Grenade Launchers) Spawned straight into the spawn and we were been picked off in the spawn, eventually broke out bypassed C and B and took A. 3/4's of the way thru the game my mate on the other team spawned on me, he was saying the admin kicked him.... reason.... Admin(who was using a shotgun) had a lower score than him, he was 49 - 23 to the good when he got kicked. I ended up the game with 59 - 18 with about 20,000 points but the following game the admin was the only person going around with shotguns and using jets/heli's to Spawn Rap3 our team. Why make rules if you wont stick to them yourself like.

It really is getting beyond a joke now cos I dont want to be playing the crappy servers full of shotgun spamming clowns. If the price was lower i would invest in a server myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Casual player myself but have a pain in the hole with the rented servers. Getting kicked and banned for no reason only that you've killed an admin.

One game I jumped into the middle of got banned after ruining an admins tank killstreak....

Another got messaged giving out about taking out another admins helicopters using SOFLAM and tank.... whinging was unbelievable.

I don't really care if I win or loose a game but for some p*rick to boot ya for being a bit better than him annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

http://kotaku.com/5910313/official-servers-return-to-battlefield-3

Thank God!

edit: just saw there's a thread bout this already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Was playing a server yesterday that said "no soflam!" .. and the maps were just Wake Island back to back.

Are people really that jerkish? (jerkish is the only word i can think of :pac:) So according to this dude under no circumstances may you use the soflam. Even if the chopper is killing everyone ... NO SOFLAM or get kicked!

me thinks he must love to play attacking side and in the chopper. Take his seat or use a soflam prepare to be kicked :rolleyes: Its a poxy video game.

Smithey88 wrote: »
    Was playing a server yesterday that said "no soflam!" .. and the maps were just Wake Island back to back.

Are people really that jerkish? (jerkish is the only word i can think of :pac:) So according to this dude under no circumstances may you use the soflam. Even if the chopper is killing everyone ... NO SOFLAM or get kicked!

me thinks he must love to play attacking side and in the chopper. Take his seat or use a soflam prepare to be kicked :rolleyes: Its a poxy video game.

They brought the DICE servers back two days ago. No more of that crap if you don't want to tolerate it.

Also, it's in the terms of service that admins/server owners can't ban the use of certain guns, equipment, vehicles, etc. They can ban certain things (the example given is base rape) but not equipment. If you were bothered you could report the server to EA and get it shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    They brought the DICE servers back two days ago. No more of that crap if you don't want to tolerate it.

Also, it's in the terms of service that admins/server owners can't ban the use of certain guns, equipment, vehicles, etc. They can ban certain things (the example given is base rape) but not equipment. If you were bothered you could report the server to EA and get it shut down.

Fate would have it, it seems :pac:
    Playing battlefield 3 on my 360 right now and came across that server i mentioned. This guy is a utter knob end.

Purposely spawning himself and his mate into the chopper. Racking up over 100+ kills. When he was on defense he killed the players in the chopper (on the attacking side) just so he could jump into the chopper. Just killed me there because I was doing some damage with a tank ...

Avoiding this server from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Great to have the Dice servers back but there's still so many of them disguised as dice servers but there owned by a rent-a-server. The worst thing I found about rent-a-server was the ridiculous tickets on some of the rush servers, defending team will always eventually lose

Advertisement