Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max

Options
  • 24-04-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭

Sorry - have to brag. Got to see Max Brooks last night and talk to him for a while. VERY cool stuff. He's a really, really smart guy. Quick wit and genuinely enjoys talking zombie. If you ever get the chance to see him please do. It's most certainly worth it.

1Wgmbl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

hah legend! nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Damn. Lucky Max Brooks getting to meet Adrian Smith. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Kess73 wrote: »
    Damn. Lucky Max Brooks getting to meet Adrian Smith. :p

HA! Took me a second to place Adrian Smith. I've been called worse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

AWESOME!!!!!! how does one manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    HA! Took me a second to place Adrian Smith. I've been called worse. :D

How bad to be called a multi millionaire talented guitarist. :)

• Advertisement

ladypip wrote: »
    AWESOME!!!!!! how does one manage that?

He spoke at college fairly close by. It was free to see him and sure worth the 1hr drive. He spoke for about 1 hour. Took questions for 30 minutes and then signed autographs/took pictures for anyone that wanted to hang around. He was super cool to talk with.

Anytime I've ever seen or heard him interviewed (on TV) for anything I got that impression too, Weird, but in that picture i can actually see the resemblance to his Dad, Mel.

Anytime I've ever seen or heard him interviewed (on TV) for anything I got that impression too, Weird, but in that picture i can actually see the resemblance to his Dad, Mel.

Yeah - and when he give talks you can REALLY tell who his dad is. I was/am a HUGE Mel Brooks fan, far before I even knew he had a son, so seeing Max live was really neat. When he 'does his thing' and gets into his presentation you can really see Mel come through.

Mel is a living legend himself, am a big fan of his films, especially anything with Gene Wilder in it. Pure class!

Hasn't Max got a new book due out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    He spoke at college fairly close by. It was free to see him and sure worth the 1hr drive. He spoke for about 1 hour. Took questions for 30 minutes and then signed autographs/took pictures for anyone that wanted to hang around. He was super cool to talk with.

Thats brilliant :D

He seems like a right funny fcuker, would love to meet him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement