Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Servicing your Motorhome

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I am just wondering if any one knows where is the best place to get your motorhome serviced in the Limerick area....????????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Bruffkid wrote: »
    I am just wondering if any one knows where is the best place to get your motorhome serviced in the Limerick area....????????

Its just a van with a bed and kitchen on the back, a regular garage should be ok.
    Unless its something in the living part, ring a motor home dealer for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bruffkid

Thanks Doom i have to give a dealer a ring as it an Autotrail Motorhome...

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

Thanks Doom i have to give a dealer a ring as it an Autotrail Motorhome...

what i think doom ment was that the base vehicle is still just a large van,
    regardless of the motorhome body being fitted onto it, and any commerical vehicle mechanic would be suitable qualified to service it and at much less cost then then a main dear or motorhome dealer,

(sorry aiden mm)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Any well established, qualified, workshop dealing with light commercials will be more than capable of the mechanical service requirements of a campervan.

The service needs of the base vehicle of a camper is exactly the same as that of the courier van or builders van that you meet on the road every day of the week.
    Get your local light commercial vehicle dealer/workshop to service your van. No point in driving half way round the country for an annual service.

Cheers Pjwal and unfit2006 for all the helpful advice... cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Excepting the gas of course and the pump out, if you have one.

Hi all what the best way to empty the toilet when at home and also where to empty the wast water tank..????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Hi all what the best way to empty the toilet when at home and also where to empty the wast water tank..????

I think most people just lift a foul drain inspection cover, make sure that it's not a rainwater one by flushing a toilet in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

Cedrus wrote:
    Bruffkid wrote:

I think most people just lift a foul drain inspection cover, make sure that it's not a rainwater one by flushing a toilet in the house.

The gray water is ok, it's just dirty water. Let it flow down any gully/storm drain.
    I usually empty my toilet cassette into my house toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Pjwal wrote: »
    any commerical vehicle mechanic would be suitable qualified to service it and at much less cost then then a main dear or motorhome dealer,

(sorry aiden mm)

ah here , my labour rates are quite reasonable! :)

True though , if it's a mechanical service , any competent mechanic can do it . Just be sure they've done a few of the base chassis' before , time and time again I see them coming to me , after apparently being rcently serviced , and all I can see was done was an oil and filter change...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70493975

• Advertisement
Advertisement