Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - Rate your SU president

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Derek Daly's tenure in UL is coming to a end this June 15th* and I would like to hear people's opinions on his role as SU president and a wider appraisal of his role in the SU over the years.

Please keep your scores in the poll based on this years presidential reign.

10 is very good, 1 is really bad.

* hattip highlydebased

How would you rate your satisfaction with SU president this year 53 votes

10 - Excellent, very satisfied.
    0% 0 votes
    16% 9 votes
    3% 2 votes
    20% 11 votes
    7% 4 votes
    5 - Indifferent / No opinion
    11% 6 votes
    7% 4 votes
    11% 6 votes
    15% 8 votes
    1 - Awful, couldn't be less satisfied
    5% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    Derek Daly's tenure in UL is coming to a end this July/August and I would like to hear people's opinions on his role as SU president and a wider appraisal of his role in the SU over the years.

Please keep your scores in the poll based on this years presidential reign.

10 is very good, 0 is really bad.

Much sooner than you think- 15 June to be precise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I rated myself an 8, now to the log out, log in, log out, log in monotony.....

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

D, I gave you an 8 only because I know it was you that took my muller crunch corner from the fridge and ate it....

....ya bollocks!

:)

I would have if I knew it was yours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I like pie charts

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    I like pie charts

I like pie too, but some anonymous person on the Internet said I needed to lose some weight so I'm laying off.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

We heard you like pie

Frpo1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Polar Ice wrote: »
    We heard you like pie

Frpo1.png

Looks like PACMAN after a serious night on the lash...can someone check his vitals:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

maybe the su should sent a survey out asking to rate their su officers? surely another pointless spammy email is in the pipeline

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

maybe the su should sent a survey out asking to rate their su officers? surely another pointless spammy email is in the pipeline

The comment of a bitter person after he's proved wrong :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

less of the personal attacks?

how was i proved wrong?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I gave you a 0 Derek. JUST BECAUSE I CAN! :pac:

Now to register a few different accounts to strengthen my argument...

Actually never mind.... I'm sure a certain organisation will have that process well under way by now... :rolleyes::rolleyes::P:P

what would be the point in skewing it. just want to see what boards reveals. it would be nice to get a sample size of over 50, we can exclude the derek daly and rockett votes. we won't be voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

He should be less obsessed about FF and trying to get them back in to power, the very people that got us into receivership and more about our fee situation.

Also made a absolute tool of himself on the Joe Nash Show on 95FM a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

You're making a big difference in the running of the SU, roro. Feel good in yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

Gallee wrote: »
    He should be less obsessed about FF and trying to get them back in to power, the very people that got us into receivership and more about our fee situation.

Also made a absolute tool of himself on the Joe Nash Show on 95FM a few months ago.

Lol:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Gallee wrote: »

Mikel91 wrote: »
    Lol:pac:

Don't know what so funny about his remark tbh and it say's it all that the only reply you can manage is a "lol" and a pac man face

Whatever about Daly's affiliation to FF, I'd call it unsavory considering his personal stance on fees

But there's not much to defend about his antics on live95, where he was sent to act as a representative of the student body and instead used to platform to settle a personal score and ended up hanging up

It's probably the worst thing the union have done this year in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

How could a rating of 5 possibly translate to ''Indifferent / No opinion''?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

More pie shaped analytics
    eEzOZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Polar Ice wrote: »
    More pie shaped analytics
    eEzOZ.png

pi-rage-comic.jpg

(Shamelessly stolen from Rage Comics thread from I believe, a ULer :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 colon

Seven scored him a 10! Even allowing for a couple of mistakes, the cliqueydicks and himself it still cheapens the poll that folks on here were dishonest enough to score him over 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

colon wrote: »
    Seven scored him a 10! Even allowing for a couple of mistakes, the cliqueydicks and himself it still cheapens the poll that folks on here were dishonest enough to score him over 3.

In your opinion...

That's what you judge him and that's fair enough. You can't speak for the opinion of anyone else.
    I'm not a fan of the whole telling people what they should be thinking and how they should be feeling towards a certain subject. I say that for both sides. There is no point in a poll if what people vote isn't respected!

(Otherwise it's politics :p)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

TBF I was thinking the exact same thing about the 8 people that rated him 0...

EDIT: Worded poorly. As in, I don't think 0 is in any way a fair reflection of his tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 colon

No zero wasn't an option. There has been an awful lot of posts on here justifying
    peoples negative opinion concerning both dalys role as a president and person but very little on what use he has actually been.

No zero wasn't an option. There has been an awful lot of posts on here justifying
    peoples negative opinion concerning both dalys role as a president and person but very little on what use he has actually been.

My mistake. 1 then.

i bet derek was out knocking on doors last night looking for people to give him a 10 in this poll. poor derek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

i bet derek was out knocking on doors last night looking for people to give him a 10 in this poll. poor derek.

I doubt it considering already over 50% of the poll [at the time of posting] have had a positive relationship/opinion of the man.
    Considering that you asked 'boards.ie. for it's opinion and not excusively 'UL' students, then you are less likely to get a 'fair' representation of what UL students actually believe.
    Thus far I have not voted as I am no longer in UL, but as a longterm poster ,[before this forum turned into mindless bickering and less about actually helping people - see soccer in UL, and multiple BULBS threads for proof of how things used to be], it's a shame that people resort to petty insults, and the use of social media to blame people, instead of taking a stand, and [not the anti-soc's method either!] actually trying to confront the issues in a productive manner...

"Just my 2 cents worth"

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Don't know what so funny about his remark tbh and it say's it all that the only reply you can manage is a "lol" and a pac man face

Whatever about Daly's affiliation to FF, I'd call it unsavory considering his personal stance on fees

But there's not much to defend about his antics on live95, where he was sent to act as a representative of the student body and instead used to platform to settle a personal score and ended up hanging up

It's probably the worst thing the union have done this year in my eyes

May I ask how it "say's it all" from your point of you?Because well yes it did for me,but obviously you got the wrong impression.I meant it in the way that the person said he was obsessed with Fianna Fail and getting them back in power,as well as showing a somewhat narrowed knowledge on Irish Politics :P.

Also Derek has stated a number of times that while his personal opinion may be pro fee's,he,as president will campaign,protest and voice against them as thats what the student population desire and call for,wishing to represent them and not his personal views.We can see from the course of the the year that he lived up to that promise.

In fairness the folks on live95 were being quite unreasonable,and theres no point continuing a circular argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Mikel91 wrote: »
    In fairness the folks on live95 were being quite unreasonable,and theres no point continuing a circular argument.

????

So ****ing what! Daly was there to defend students during Rag week. People can be unreasonable (in this case they weren't IMO btw) but even if they were he should have put his massive ego aside for a milli second and actually carried out his duty

I don't feel harsh in saying that it was a pathetic display

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    ????

So ****ing what! Daly was there to defend students during Rag week. People can be unreasonable (in this case they weren't IMO btw) but even if they were he should have put his massive ego aside for a milli second and actually carried out his duty

I don't feel harsh in saying that it was a pathetic display

Lulz I do love when people get angry on the interwebz.

Two questions:One Did you listen to the actual interview and two have you ever been in a position when you've had to argue against a person who wont listen to your point no matter what.

And can you inform me how he has a massive ego and how he hasn't performed his duty's.Please give me a break down of how he hasn't??If its because of the phone call then how so?He hung up as again,the person was being unreasonable.He defended students,he argued against the person,but the person did not listen and made the same exaggerated complaints etc.

Advertisement