Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TWD the game

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭

It's due for release this week,
    http://www.telltalegames.com/walkingdead/page1

Some interesting competitions and trailers on the website if anyone's interested. I think i may have to give this a shot, but afaik it's going to be done in DLC episodes, kind of like how back to the future was/is being done if you're familiar with that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait to play this. 5 episodes at roughly 2 hours per episode. Each episode will be released every month for 5 euro or you can buy a season pass (on ps3) for 20 euro and get a TWD premium theme for the XMB.

Your choices will carry through the episodes and changes the game. You control Lee who is on his way to jail when the cop car crashes and he escapes into the apocalypse. Game is a prequel to the comics and is canon to the TWD universe as confirmed by Robert Kirkman. Rick is still asleep in the hospital during episode 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I noticed kirkman on one of the trailers alright, should be interesting to see how this pans out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

It probably sucks as a game, but works well as a story.

When I saw actual gameplay footage, it was just "select option 1 or 2" then you saw what the consequences were. You weren't really playing the game and it wasn't scary at all.

However, this trailer has perked my interest in this game again, so we'll just have to see how things turn out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Just played the PS3 demo. Hard to judge its worth because it lasted all of ten minutes, if even that. :rolleyes:

The story they set up in those ten minutes seems good enough:
    You narrowly avoid a dozen or so walkers, go into a house where you find a walkie-talkie. You talk to a little girl who has the other one, who has been hiding in her tree house. The answering machine hints that her parents died in the outbreak in Atlanta. She saves you from a walker (the babysitter) by alerting you and then climbing out of her tree house with a hammer. You go out onto the street, help two guys clear a roadblock and drive away, narrowly avoiding another pack of walkers. You're headed for one of the other guy's farm. It ends as the jeep pulls away.

The gameplay is pretty basic, it's mostly a point-and-click game, while encounters with walkers are basically button sequences. Not an awful game from the brief glimpse I got but I'm not sure if I'd pay €20 for the whole thing.

i read the spoiler, and tbh I'm kinda glad i didn't pay the 25quid for it now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What did u expct from a demo ? Best fiver you could ever spend imo. Delighted I paid the 20 quid for the season pass, was absolutely brilliant.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    What did u expct from a demo ? Best fiver you could ever spend imo. Delighted I paid the 20 quid for the season pass, was absolutely brilliant.

I don't know what I was expecting. Certainly I wasn't expecting 5 minutes of gameplay. :D

sheehy83 wrote: »
    hang on, were you playing the fullgame or the demo? I'm kind of going by the fact that you forked out 20 quid for it as you playing the full episode they released this week. If it's only as much as you say i wouldnt call that value for money at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sounds interesting.

hang on, were you playing the fullgame or the demo? I'm kind of going by the fact that you forked out 20 quid for it as you playing the full episode they released this week. If it's only as much as you say i wouldnt call that value for money at all.

The main thing putting me off is that I don't know how long each episode is. They might be worth a fiver each but it's impossible to tell when the demo is over in ten minutes.

• Advertisement

Ah right, the demo is ten minutes, what about the first episode? how long approx. is that?

Ah right, the demo is ten minutes, what about the first episode? how long approx. is that?

That's the thing, I don't know. As a result, I'm reluctant to spend €20 on it.

Hmm, me too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I watched the whole first episode its two hours long..... You can watch it on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I just downloaded the demo for free and played it.

I actually liked it...it's really different, very interactive. I, sadly, died in the first encounter with the zed :o because I wasn't lined up perfectly to fight her off (you have to use the left and right knobs, plus the buttons to do stuff)...tried again and did great. The graphics are different too, like playing a comic book, but it's not bad, I kinda like it. And it's almost like a Choose Your Own Adventure, since certain things you do/say lead you to certain outcomes. Like
    when the little girl asked if I killed the zombie, I chose "I don't know. I think so..." and it said she would remember I said that. I'm guessing it will come up at a later point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Over on the game forum its getting great reviews. Plays like an interactive episode by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I bought the first full episode today myself..similar to Heavy Rain in that your decisions have consequences down the line..interested to see how the next episode pans out.

Advertisement