Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLC Player problem windows 7

Options
  • 23-04-2012 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have all music etc coming through my stereo hooked up to the back of the pc. But when I play a dvd using VLC, the sound seems to come out through the PC internal speakers. If I play the dvd using the windows media centre, it comes out through the stereo speakers. I had a look around at the settings on the VLC player and can't seem to fix the issue........

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Preferences - Audio - Output Modules - DirectX

and

Preferences - Audio - Output Modules - WaveOut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

doesn't seem to work :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try disabling the internal speaker in the bios, if you don't need it then may as well turn it off. This may help in that the os will pick the next available output device, but you should be able to configure the settings fsl mentioned regardless of it being enabled or not

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

How are you taking the audio from your pc, head phone jack or sound card?

soundcard at the back.

It works through the headphone jack...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

seachto7 wrote: »
    soundcard at the back.

It works through the headphone jack...

Try the advanced VLC settings (Click highlighted 'All' button at bottom then follow highlighted route), see here:
    hB9RQ.jpg

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

yoyo wrote: »
    Try the advanced VLC settings (Click highlighted 'All' button at bottom then follow highlighted route),

Nick

That's what I was referring to. I must have my VLC set to show advanced when choosing preferences.

cool, will try that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mumblyjoe

Hi, I've got the same problem- VLC only ever plays through my computer's internal speakers- even when I plug in my USB headset which always takes over all audio output automatically. every other program on the system plays through the windows default, which is my external speakers, and when I plug in the receiver, my plantronics usb headset.

going into advanced audio settings and changing the directx audio output device has no effect. i've tried every output device and sound continues uninterrupted through the internal speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement