Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone had facial and/or periorbital cellulitis before

Options
  • 23-04-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced facial cellulitis before? I had both facial and periorbital cellulitis a couple of years ago. My health has not been right since imo. I seem to have lost my confidence and have a very low self esteem.

If anyone else has experienced the same or similar with regards to cellulitis could you please reply to me.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

mt daughter has been suffering periorbital cellulitis for the past 10 years.. she gets flare ups around one eye about 3-4 times a year.

she saw many doctors who put it down to something she was just 'prone to' and to keep an eye out for it starting to flare up... she would have to get IV penicillin to cure it.

we brought her to the eye and ear hospital last year where a consultant linked it directly to blocked sweat ducts behind the eye.. so he gave her a cream to clean it with and suggested she clean the area every night with baby shampoo and a clean face cloth (NOT while infected!! then its best to clean with salted water)

thankfully she hasnt had a flare up recently.. shes due her 6 month check up soon.

its linked to inflammatory disease.. so you should be checked for that... something like IBD maybe... do you suffer from bowel problems?
    it can also be linked to diabetes

stress can cause flare ups too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi Syd thank you for taking the time to reply to my post above. I am sorry to hear that your daughter has had so many relapses of cellulitis. The first time I got cellulitis was along the jaw and while the pain was unbearable while in hospital for two weeks on i.v, the pain I experienced around the eye socket was far greater with periorbital cellulitis. I recently had to go on a course of antibiotics for an outbreak on my forehead which has not fully healed. I hope you daughter gets the all clear with her upcoming check-up.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,123 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

and same to you feeling low... have they linked your cellulitis with any under lying condition??? i hope you dont suffer relapses often

Advertisement