Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Airsoft

Options
  • 23-04-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

http://www.coylesbar.com/pb/wp_8ab4802e/wp_8ab4802e.html

Has anyone been to this place in Newtowncunningham? It sounds fantastic and really cheap for what is on offer. €25 would be good value for a go with a machine gun or Archery on it's own. I can hardly believe there is so much on offer with each package.

Would love to hear back from anyone who has been. Is it as good as it looks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Been a few time's. The Archery is a bit... well Meh! Gets boring after the second shot. The minigolf is great craic and it's not easy into the bargain. Worth going to for that alone. I hate hole 8 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Professor Knowall

Thanks for the feedback. Looking forward to going at the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Been a few time's. The Archery is a bit... well Meh! Gets boring after the second shot. The minigolf is great craic and it's not easy into the bargain. Worth going to for that alone. I hate hole 8 :pac:

is it proper mini gold with windmills and craic?

also with the guns is there a kick off them or is it just like shooting a pellet gun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

danniemcq wrote: »
    is it proper mini gold with windmills and craic?

also with the guns is there a kick off them or is it just like shooting a pellet gun?

No windmills but there is multiple route's (as in a pipe one goes close to the hole the other goes to the start) under and over bridge's (made from concrete not wood) lots of ups and downs ect some very very steep. It's basically all laid in concrete with the putting area / holes laid with astro. No windmills or anything like crazy golf though Unfortunently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AxeToTheHead

This sounds class. Gonna take a trip up and will report on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

going on saturday-will report back--we are printing off faces of one of our mates to use as target practice-should be good laugh

can't imagine there's a 'kick' off the guns as it's only plastic pellets I'm led to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

going on saturday-will report back--we are printing off faces of one of our mates to use as target practice-should be good laugh

can't imagine there's a 'kick' off the guns as it's only plastic pellets I'm led to believe

without the kick meh, something not right with using a sniper rifle and having it feel toyish

maybe thats just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've been repeatedly and always enjoyed. Usually have the eight year old with me; myself, him and grandad buy two packeages, golf and spend two hours there. He can just about hold up the M16 but can use the childrens bow easily enough.

There's no kick at all; the pellets are smaller than the pellet guns I used years ago. I can see the archery being a bit meh for anyone who's used to it, but I'm a complete amateur and still get a buzz from the thunk when an arrow hits a wooden deer.

The golf is good too and as stated, not exactly easy.

Oh, they now do kids parties too. They have a poster up advertising their facebook page but I could never find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

It's all good clean fun, I enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

facebook page isn't hard to find!

http://www.facebook.com/DonegalAirsoft

Cool place, guy I went to school with set it up, designed and built the crazy golf part with his brother without any outside help which I found very impressive.

Def recommended for a bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

I ended up cancelling as it was a long and rough friday night but everybody enjoyed it

Advertisement