Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cultured social: Misterman

Options
  • 23-04-2012 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Following on from the Events thread, a few of us have expressed an interest in seeing one Cillian Murphy in Misterman. We seem to have the numbers so it should just be a matter of picking a date that suits us all

I've done some homework and the only weekends for which there are tickets are Sat 28 April (14:15 and 19:30) and Sun 29 April (15:00). Now that could dovetail nicely with the Boards drinks on the 28...

Otherwise it'll have to be a weekday, which is annoying because my time in London is limited during the week. In fact, Fridays excepted, I'm only really around the week of the 7 May, with a few scattered days elsewhere

So take your pick peeps: this weekend? Or some random weekday?

(Logistics: It's playing in the Lyttelton Theatre (wherever that is) with a 1.5 hr run time. Bookings here. Tickets £5+)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Don't leave the booking too long.
    I went to see him in Galway and once the opening night happened, word got around how fantastic he was and they sold out very quickly.
    Superb performance. I never knew just how talented he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭fluke

Reekwind wrote: »
    Following on from the Events thread, a few of us have expressed an interest in seeing one Cillian Murphy in Misterman. We seem to have the numbers so it should just be a matter of picking a date that suits us all

I've done some homework and the only weekends for which there are tickets are Sat 28 April (14:15 and 19:30) and Sun 29 April (15:00). Now that could dovetail nicely with the Boards drinks on the 28...

Otherwise it'll have to be a weekday, which is annoying because my time in London is limited during the week. In fact, Fridays excepted, I'm only really around the week of the 7 May, with a few scattered days elsewhere

So take your pick peeps: this weekend? Or some random weekday?

(Logistics: It's playing in the Lyttelton Theatre (wherever that is) with a 1.5 hr run time. Bookings here. Tickets £5+)

I'd be up for either the Saturday or Sunday. I'd say tix would need to be booked soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Don't leave the booking too long.
    I went to see him in Galway and once the opening night happened, word got around how fantastic he was and they sold out very quickly.
    Superb performance. I never knew just how talented he was.
    And very easy on the eye.

Personally I'd have to go on a weekday but don't let that stop ye going this weekend if there's tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

And very easy on the eye.

Tsk, tsk. Some of us are interested in it for it's artistic merit... :p

This weekend suits both myself & Fysh. Sat afternoon would probably be better than Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

I can only do Sunday this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I was there on press night. He was simply astonishing as was the play itself and set design. I'd say tickets will fly out the door cause it's a limited run and as mentioned above, it's great.

Enjoy all.

P.s. the theatre is in the national theatre in Southbank.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Shall we say Sunday so? It looks like cheaper tickets can be had with some sort of pass, or for a one-off purchase stalls tickets are £12-£40 (make that £20 or higher if you don't want to be in either the very front row or the last two rows at the back, though). There are still 60-odd stalls tickets going at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Sunday sounds good then. We book tickets individually or as a group?

Will we just book individually so no-one has to take the hit on their credit/debit card? Not the end of the world if we're not sitting together I suppose, we can just meet up in the bar at the interval and afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

There's no interval.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Fysh wrote: »
    Shall we say Sunday so? It looks like cheaper tickets can be had with some sort of pass, or for a one-off purchase stalls tickets are £12-£40 (make that £20 or higher if you don't want to be in either the very front row or the last two rows at the back, though). There are still 60-odd stalls tickets going at the minute.

I'd so love to see this. I'm a big fan of Cillian Murphy. A friend of mine saw him in "A Playboy of the Western World" a good few years ago and said he was brill!

I can't see any way of getting tickets for less than 32 quid. Am I missing something? I'm temping at the mo, so the aul finances aren't the best :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'd so love to see this. I'm a big fan of Cillian Murphy. A friend of mine saw him in "A Playboy of the Western World" a good few years ago and said he was brill!

I can't see any way of getting tickets for less than 32 quid. Am I missing something? I'm temping at the mo, so the aul finances aren't the best :(

Rather annoyingly, the NT apparently habitually list their under-18 concession prices in such a way that it's only when you try to book the tickets that you realise what full price is.

I've just booked tickets for Sunday and it looks like £32 is the cheapest left (back two rows). There's a free membership scheme for 16-25 year olds under which you may be able to get tickets for £5, so might be worth going for that if you're in the target age group.

I'm booked for Sunday at 3pm now, too. Anyone else interested, get in there quick, not many left.

Fysh wrote: »
    Rather annoyingly, the NT apparently habitually list their under-18 concession prices in such a way that it's only when you try to book the tickets that you realise what full price is.

I've just booked tickets for Sunday and it looks like £32 is the cheapest left (back two rows). There's a free membership scheme for 16-25 year olds under which you may be able to get tickets for £5, so might be worth going for that if you're in the target age group.

Thanks for the info. Don't fit into the age bracket, unfortunately. Not to worry, I booked a ticket anyway. Couldn't help myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Anyone fancy meeting up for a tasty beverage beforehand?

Aye. I don't know the Southbank that well (piffle, culture loving hippies the lot!) so would be open to recommendations as where to meet for a drink or two beforehand

(And I've got my ticket - row S in the stalls. Down with the plebs, it seems. Not many left now so hurray if you haven't booked)

I'd be up for a drink too, beforehand. Don't know the area either as I'm new to London. I nabbed a seat quite near the front. Pretty happy about that:)

Timeout recommends the White Hart (29-30 Cornwall Road, SE1 8TJ) or the King's Arms (25 Roupell Street, SE1 8TB). Both are near Waterloo station, and within a few minutes of the theatre.

I say we try the King's Arms, with the White Hart as a backup if it's too busy.

King's Arms sounds good. Although looking at the map, I see the National Theatre is two minutes from a place called the Mulberry Bush, which I recall being quite nice

(Trivia: Had drinks there when I auditioned for University Challenge)

Count me in for the drink too. Meet 2pm?

• Advertisement

2pm sounds good to me.

There are some Underground & Overground closures that may interfere with travel arrangements so check the TFL engineering schedule to see if they'll affect you.

2 PM is fine for me too. Could someone PM me their number (if it's not to cheeky to ask)? It's my first time to a boards meet-up, so would be handy to know who I am looking for. Cheers.....

Advertisement