Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Who Quotes

Options
  • 23-04-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

So i read an article which had 10 of the Doctors most memorable quotes Dont agree with some of them but others are spot on. Reading the comments and its like going back in time (:pac:) to re-watch all those scenes in my head.

my most memorable quote was at the end of tennants era when he said "i dont wanna go." gets me everytime and is one of the first lines i think of when i think of Dr. Who and past episodes.

So whats your most memorable Who quote? and which Dr. was it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I loved this one just because it was so quirky

its a fez. i wear a fez now. fezzes are cool!”

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

"yes, yes, it's bigger on the inside..."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh god, I have loads. But this one in particular encapsulates what I love so much about the current era:
    Imagine you were dying. Imagine you were afraid and a long way from home in terrible pain. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, you looked up and saw the face of the Devil himself. Hello, Dalek.

Partially it's the unsettling grin on his face as he says it, partially because he tears the dying dalek apart after he says it, but most of all is that it cuts to him reading a magazine called "Knitting for Girls" straight after.

It's quite chilling and a good reminder of his alienness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tried to find ones which I think represented the characters well, with help of google:

1: "One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine"

2 and 3... don't know them well enough yet.

4: "Not even the sonic screwdriver can get me out of this one."

5: "Oh, marvellous. You're going to kill me. What a finely tuned response to the situation."

6: "In all my travelling throughout the universe, I have battled against evil, against power-mad conspirators. I should have stayed here. The oldest civilisation: decadent, degenerate, and rotten to the core. Power-mad conspirators, Daleks, Sontarans, Cybermen - they're still in the nursery compared to us. Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt."

7: "The Doctor: I don't suppose you've completely ignored my instructions and secretly prepared any Nitro-9, have you?
    Ace: What if I had?
    The Doctor: And naturally, you wouldn't do anything so insanely dangerous as to carry it around with you, would you?
    Ace: Of course not. I'm a good girl and do what I'm told.
    The Doctor: Excellent. Blow up that vehicle.
    "

8: " I came back to life before your eyes. I held back death. Look, I can't make your dream come true forever, but I can make it come true today."

9: "The first time they tell you that the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it 'cause everything looks like it's standin' still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin' at 1,000 miles an hour and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're fallin' through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am."

10: "That's who I am: the Time Lord Victorious!
    (later) I've gone too far. Is this it? My death? Is it time!?"

11: "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?"

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

All right it's a jammy dodger but I was promised tea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

"Well...you could do that. Yeah, you could do that. Of course you could! But why? Look at these people, these human beings. Consider their potential! From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking, step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than—no, hold on. Sorry, that's The Lion King. But the point still stands: leave them alone!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My sig. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One of my personal favorites has to be the "Homo-Sapiens..." speech early on in the Tom Baker years. Though it seems sometimes like every second line Matt Smith makes is a keeper

Advertisement