Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tube Strike April 24th-27th

Options
  • 23-04-2012 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭

The workers who maintain the tube lines are striking from tomrorrow (24th) at 16:00 to Thursday at 16:00.

I note that the TFL website says they expect a full service, however i have just read the drivers union has wrote to TFL to say they are concerned about safety etc.

Whats the likelyhood I will have difficulties getting to and from work this week?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's maintenance workers who are on strike rather than drivers or station staff, so the expectation of a normal service is down to the hope that nothing particularly important breaks/requires maintenance overnight during the strike window.

There's no useful way for any of us to predict whether problems will happen, because we don't know the maintenance cycle or the impact that a lack of maintenance might cause. The best bet is to plan alternate routes for every journey you need to make so that you know ahead of time what you can do. If you're subbing a bus journey for a tube journey, remember to account for traffic delays.

Advertisement