Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14yr old build fusion reactor in garage

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Its Sheldon Cooper!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

smart kid, had to laugh at this bit

In truth, the radiation levels are low enough that, without prolonged close-range exposure, the cargo poses little danger. Still, we stifle the jokes as we pull up to curbside check-in. “Think it will get through security?” Tiffany asks Taylor.
    “There are no radiation detectors in airports,” Taylor says. “Except for one pilot project, and I can’t tell you which airport that’s at.”

(he developed the detector)

Lets just hope he doesn't discover drugs or religion!:(

Lets just hope he doesn't discover drugs or religion!:(

Amen to that brother.

But yes, in the wrong hands a mind like that could do terrible things, like build some nuclear something in his somewhere.

did anyone else see the story about the 4 year old with a 159 IQ a few weeks back, was a very interesting story up to the point where they talk about how her father is a professor whose studies are related to gifted children who I think was quoted " I tested her by chance and was surprised by the results" but don't quote me on that. It seems to me, that with a professional parent, especially one in education, there is significantly more pressure for results and I would gamble more than a few weeks wages that she had taken the test more than once. but may also put an accumulator on that she is probably going to be smarter then I am.

here is an article about her but not the one I read:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17702463

Well plastering your 4 year old all over the news for being smart and signing them up to mensa (an elitist organisation) will certainly give her quite the ego eh ? And you might as well paint a target on her for bullies.

Dad may be a Professor but parading your young kid around like that doesn't seem particularly smart to me.

• Advertisement

Well plastering your 4 year old all over the news for being smart and signing them up to mensa (an elitist organisation) will certainly give her quite the ego eh ? And you might as well paint a target on her for bullies.

Dad may be a Professor but parading your young kid around like that doesn't seem particularly smart to me.

True that, but while I was reading it, it struck me that it would suck to have a dad who worked in the "gifted children" area, who had a bit o the auld "I don't give a sh!t who you are, my son is starting in this hurling match or there will be blood" Irish attitude (though probably more universal than Irish), this kid was lucky even more so cause of the fact that he might have been told no NUKES at all ever, and actually gone a built it in a shed or garage somewhere, he didnt seem the type to hear NO and accept it completely.

caught a speech he gave on TED Talks on netflix which was good - though if anyone reading this has any interest, there is a pretty good explanation of dark matter and dark energy for the layman on TED Talks also, just caught it today and was comprehensible enough.

Advertisement