Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC €800+ Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Change the PSU to this.

If you wanted to save money I'd drop the case to a Shinobi, drop the RAM to g.skill 8gb and change MOBO to z68 extreme3. You're saving about €40. Really though I'd just keep the Mobo, and just change RAM and case.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

1. What is your budget? [€800 - 1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes - Maybe a student edition...?]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (I am only going to be bringing screen, keyboard, speakers and mouse)

5. Do you need a monitor? [No] Maybe in future

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.] N/A

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [1680 × 1050 but could upgrade at some point in future]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No, see above.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] All of the above

9. When are you purchasing? [In 14 to 30 days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Would hope to be able to do it myself and have a friend who can help.]

Any suggestions on a modular psu? for similar price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

These are probably your best bet.

Hey. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on my build. Have made some minor changes but have pretty much decided on the build below unless anyone has any better suggestions?

I am also wondering if I should go for the i5-3570K instead of the 2500K as I am getting a motherboard that supports ivy bridge? It only adds €22 or so to the build.

Thanks for any advice.

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€190.81
    Cooler Master GX Series PSU, 80Plus Bronze - 650 Watt|€70.53
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho|€33.89
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€111.29
    WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 6Gb/s|€64.29
    CM Storm Enforcer - black, ohne Netzteil|€78.53
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Sockel 1155, ATX|€125.45
    Sapphire HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express|€228.32
    LG GH22NS50/70/90 bare schwarz|€17.83
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws PC3-10667U CL9|€40.79
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€980.72

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

You could drop the OC version of the graphics card and OC it yourself to save a tenner. The IB would only be an extra tenner as well

..Brian.. wrote: »
    You could drop the OC version of the graphics card and OC it yourself to save a tenner. The IB would only be an extra tenner as well

Yeah, I think I will go with Ivy allright. Is the 3570K the Ivy equivalent of the sandy 2500K?

Probably stick with the OC version for the simple reason that i won't loose the warranty by overclocking it myself.

Thanks for the advice.

Overclocking is allowed under warranty by the way. Why else is there an option to do so in AMD overdrive? Sapphire have their own overclocking software as well, its actually encouraged by most manufacturers. Intel don't cover it on their CPU's though, and I'm pretty sure if you remove the stock heat sink your warranty is voided.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Overclocking is allowed under warranty by the way. Why else is there an option to do so in AMD overdrive? Sapphire have their own overclocking software as well, its actually encouraged by most manufacturers. Intel don't cover it on their CPU's though, and I'm pretty sure if you remove the stock heat sink your warranty is voided.

Thanks for the information Boggles. I didn't know that, and just assumed that I would be voiding the warranty.

• Advertisement

Don't get that PSU, it's poor quality (GX: mediocre). Get the Super Flower Amazon 450 watt, or if you really want some power (CF, heavy GPU and CPU overclocking) get the XFX 650 watt PSU.

Eboggles wrote: »
    Don't get that PSU, it's poor quality (GX: mediocre). Get the Super Flower Amazon 450 watt, or if you really want some power (CF, heavy GPU and CPU overclocking) get the XFX 650 watt PSU.

Thanks very much Boggles. Going with the XFX 650 after reading a couple reviews.

Looking forward to getting my hands on all!

Order placed with the above components apart from the PSU, which i changed to the XFX 650 as reccomended by Eboggles.

Can't wait to try and put it all together...

Thanks to all.

Advertisement