Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song War 5: Duality Vs Here To Stay

Options
  • 21-04-2012 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

In Freebird Vs Dream On, Freebird won by a large margin. Now moving on to the next song war thread, i've decided to put two rather heavy songs up against each other. Duality by Slipknot and Here To Stay by Korn. I'm not too sure about what people's thoughts about both bands on here. But they're too bands that play some cool music I think. Anyway which do you prefer?

This was a hard choice for me as they're both songs that I really like from both bands. Duality has that raw energy, that makes you wish you were in a mosh pit. At live shows that i've watched, the song is great live. Slipknot always get their fans rocking out to it. As for Here To Stay, it has that awesome bass line that's real nice and heavy, and something that I feel is missing from todays music. Here To Stay is also a song that makes you wish you were in a mosh pit too I think. If I have to choose then I'd proberly go with Here To Stay. It just appeals to me a little more.

Which do you prefer? 29 votes

Duality
    0% 0 votes
    Here To Stay
    100% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I much prefer Here To Stay because it brings back so many good memories but Duality reminds me of a bad time in my life.

In reality, Duality is a much better-written song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I wouldn't be a Korn fan, don't have any of their albums, but I know that song. I'm not mad on the verses of Here to Stay, but at the same time they make the change into the chorus seem so much better. I like the chorus and bridge of it a lot though.

So despite the fact I loved Vol 3 of Slipknots years ago, and Duality being a good song, it's just doesn't have any standout moments to make me choose it, despite being a more consistent song.

This was a good one song choice as they're both songs I hadn't heard in years and don't listen to now, so I suprised myself a bit going with Korn. Nice to have a thread to make you think about it more than normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

As a diehard Korn fan it has to be Here To Stay. (The buildup! :eek:)

However Duality is my favourite Slipknot tune so I bestow upon it an honourable mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I'm going to have to vote for Duality, as it is off one of the albums that sculpted me into the metal fan that I am today! At the time it was very raw and hard hitting compared to the other stuff I was listening to.

As aforementioned it is necessary to mention KoЯn also, as that was a totally bitchin' song also. It was a close call and I've a feeling this poll wont be a landslide like the others!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

A "eurovision key change" in a song smacks of lazyness to me.

so duality gets my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Duality by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of either band but I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with Korn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,283 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can't vote on this one, don't like either song or either band.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Duality... No no Here to Stay! No wait I was right first time, Duality.

"I push my fingers into myyy -- EYYYEESSS!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Not a huge fan of either band, and I'd have expected to side with Korn but damnitt, when yer man pushes his fingers into his eEEEEEEEEYEEESS! I can't help but roar along.

In fairness, I've heard Duality a fair few times in Bruxelles, just didn't know what it was called. The Korn one is vaguely familiar (the verse bassline is cool, not sold on the vocals, builds well to the chorus which isn't bad at all) but I couldn't have picked it out of a lineup

Have to say though, the way the vocal on Duality seems to slightly lag behind the beat is really annoying. Also, I'd never listened to the lyrics before, they're a little twee. Well, too late to unvote now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

AHHH!! Too hard! Duality brings back great memories for me and I LOVE Slipknot and Corey's voice. But I love KoRn too.. Duality drums are epic, but so is the bass in Here To Stay. Duality is catchy as fcuk but not my favourite Slipknot song. Lovely harmonies in HTS chorus and the breakdown with the mosh part give it the slight edge so I'm gonna give it to KoRn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hey look who changed her username again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Malice wrote: »
    Hey look who changed her username again! :)

Too many stalkers, you know yourself! ;)

Advertisement