Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fungal skin infection

Options
  • 21-04-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to post but I thought here would be the best place.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I went to my doctor with a rash and he told me it was a fungal infection. Since I had been on a steroid cream he thought it was tinea corporis and prescribed me some lamasil cream. This didn't help so he prescribed me lamasil tablets and after 10 days I am seeing improvements.

I have 2 questions to ask.
    1. How long will it take for the rash to disappear completely?
    2. I am planning on going out tonight but am just wondering if drinking beer will reverse the effects of the lamasil I have been taking. I have a fungal skin infection and since yeast is a fungus and the main ingredient in beer (is it beer or all alcohol?) I thought maybe it would be best not to drink?

Thanks in advance for any replies :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Im afraid we can't give medical advice (as per charter). Best to be asking your GP questions about the rash and medication rather than trusting internet strangers. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement