Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a second hand 3ds

Options
  • 21-04-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi,

tl;dr :
    • What advice would you give someone buying a second hand 3ds?
    • Is the guarantee transferable even if the seller registered it?

I'm currently thinking about buying a second hand 3ds. I will of course be having a full look at it when I meet up with the seller. But I have some questions, primarily about the warrantee.

The 3ds has already been registered by a friend of the seller (to get stars presumably). Guarantee is with Game so going to the shop is out of question if something arises. If say, something stopped working on the console, would the guarantee still be ok (have the receipt) or would the being registered by someone else throw everything completely?

I know what comes in the box and I've got a ds lite already so I'll be testing the console to make sure everything's working/no scratches... but has anyone any other advice.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

you can unlink it from his Club Nintendo account and then link it to yours, (With future download purchases on it giving you stars instead of him)
    but it shouldn't affect it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

you can unlink it from his Club Nintendo account and then link it to yours, (With future download purchases on it giving you stars instead of him)
    but it shouldn't affect it anyway :)

You sir, are my nitromaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭Nollog

Pretty sure all Nintendo ask for is the serial number if you're sending it in for repairs.

Advertisement