Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April showers 2012

Options
  • 21-04-2012 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭

201493.jpg

201494.jpg

201495.jpg

Possible Mammatus in the centre of this picture?
    201496.jpg

I love the feature on the left. Is this a form of Cumulonimbus?
    201497.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

Pic not attached..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

John mac wrote: »
    Pic not attached..

I noticed that, has never happened before. I can see them in the thread though...

Can you see them now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I love the feature on the left. Is this a form of Cumulonimbus?

Looks more like a decaying small anvil Redsteve but am open to correction and yep, that is mammantus in the 2nd last pic :).

Is that the Eircom tower in Mervue in the 1st pic? used to live right next to it! It used to make this howling sound sometimes on windy nights which was quite eerie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Looks more like a decaying small anvil Redsteve but am open to correction and yep, that is mammantus in the 2nd last pic :).

Is that the Eircom tower in Mervue in the 1st pic?

Well spotted! Between the eircom tower, the pylons and the power lines all over the place there is some great whistling and popping in stormy weather.

Advertisement