Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Mayo - Camping on the farm ?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello. I am currently planning my first visit to Ireland in two week's time. We'd like to go to county Mayo and base ourselves a few days around Clifden for Connemara and then move for a few more days near Westport for Croagh Patrick and Achill island.

We want to camp and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to some farms accepting campers. All I could find so far on the web are official campsites (and there are not that many around). We are not bothered by basic facilities, as long as there is water on site.

Can anyone help with some tips ? Many thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Boesewicht wrote: »
    Hello. I am currently planning my first visit to Ireland in two week's time. We'd like to go to county Mayo and base ourselves a few days around Clifden for Connemara and then move for a few more days near Westport for Croagh Patrick and Achill island.

We want to camp and I was wondering if anybody could direct me to some farms accepting campers. All I could find so far on the web are official campsites (and there are not that many around). We are not bothered by basic facilities, as long as there is water on site.

Can anyone help with some tips ? Many thanks in advance

This place is on the cycle route we do, its about 3 miles from Croagh Patrick carpark and about 6 from Westport.

http://www.mayo-ireland.ie/Mayo/Towns/WestPort/Gannon.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What we do is to call into a pub in the afternoon and ask the barkeep.
    They usually knows who would be willing to have campers. Then go and ask the farmer.

Advertisement