Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home wiring / switching

Options
  • 21-04-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi

I (or my builder) is going to be rewiring a house, including wiring for TV/LAN/Phone etc.

I have a reasonable idea of how many points I want and where, something like:
    6 x SAT
    4 X TV
    2 X Phone
    8-10 X LAN

However I am considering what the best option is for connecting it all up at a "hub" location.
    Obviously this location will be fed by cables from outside for SAT, TV, UPC and/or Eircom as well as having a few electricity sockets. Probably also leave a DLNA media drive in there also.

I could get the various boxes (TV amp, satellite multiswitch, ethernet switch, UPC/Eircom master modem) and stack them on top of each other in a cupboard, but I could see this turning into a jungle of cables.

Can you advise on good solutions, maybe an off-the-shelf patch panel of some sort? Is it worth getting a seperate electrician or cabling company to do the second fix and "media hub" install ?

Thanks in advance / any recommendations by PM appreciated.

Advertisement