Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a copy of my X-rays?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey,

I went to a dentist about a month ago and they gave me an astronomical quote for work that I didn't know I needed. They also took an X-ray while I was there, which I would like to get a copy of.

Am I entitled to get a copy of that X-ray? Is it normal practice to give-out copies of x-rays to patients?

Any input appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Yeh shouldn't be a problem just ask them for a copy of x-ray. If its digital they might just be able to email it to you.
    Under data protection acts you are entitled to a copy of your records anyway but dentist can charge a small fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yep, ask for a copy and the dentist will send them out. The dentist is entitled to charge a nominal fee to make copies, be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fakename4242

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hey,

I went to a dentist about a month ago and they gave me an astronomical quote for work that I didn't know I needed. They also took an X-ray while I was there, which I would like to get a copy of.

Am I entitled to get a copy of that X-ray? Is it normal practice to give-out copies of x-rays to patients?

Any input appreciated!

Best to ask for it to be emailed to you as print quality can be pretty poor....

Advertisement