Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing up my camper.

Options
  • 20-04-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm re-doing the interior of my Iveco camper as it has gone a bit shabby, and I have a couple of questions on materials for the members here.

Insulation- Is the bubblewrap foil sheeting sufficient and are B&Q the cheapest for this?

Lining Carpet- Where could i buy this in Ireland or is there other carpets that I could use as the lining carpet seems expensive?

Venier sheeting- Where could I get this to match the caravan units i'm fitting?

Adhesive- For sticking wood to the inside of the van panels for screwing to. Whats the best?

I'm also thinking of putting in bigger CE approved windows. Where's the cheapest place to buy these?

Thanks people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

We got some lining carpet that is used for motorhomes/vans for our boat at Vanderlust in Ennis.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck with your renovation project.

Valerie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Thanks for that link.

The 2 conversions look like lovely neat jobs. Oh, roll on retirement......

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Pjwal

dfbemt wrote: »
    Thanks for that link.

The 2 conversions look like lovely neat jobs. Oh, roll on retirement......

my from has some windows from a scrap caravan with the safety mark on them if this is any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Cosyclassics has the veltrim too a local coach builders would probably sell you some too.
    Get the high temperature adhesive from www.as-ireland.com its really great stuff, I have stuck up conduit, velcro and all sorts with it.
    The bubblewrap stuff is a bit useless you can get multilayer stuff superfoil / triiso that has a much better r-value. B&Q is good when they have two for the price of one otherwise look elsewhere.
    For adhesive for sticking to panels wurth bond and seal as recommended by Aidan_MM is great stuff :cool:.
    If you can't get it locally then try your motorfactors for a polyurethane seam sealant like sikaflex of tigerseal. If you have no luck there my family are big fans of Rito clear all weather sealant which should be in your local hardware store its a really tough synthetic rubber product and is not to be confused with normal sealants and acid curing silicones which are rubbish and cause rust.

Advertisement