Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA and FETAC Level

Options
  • 20-04-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi,

just wondering does anybody know if the CCNA qualification on it's own merit (and not as part of a course) count as a FETAC / NFQ Level, and if so, what level?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Not sure to be honest.
    Its definately something worth having, what is your goal here in terms of getting CCNA?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

iRock wrote: »
    Its definately something worth having, what is your goal here in terms of getting CCNA?

I want to get an IT degree (NFQ Level 8), it has always been a goal of mine. I only have a Level 6 qualification, and because I will be paying for it myself, I would like to make use of the NFQ Levels framework (and recognition of prior learning) to do so, so I am trying to work out the most suitable path for me, in terms of time, value and money. Having that degree seems to be important for a lot of employers.

I don't think I will be able to do a one-year full-time add-on module to get to Level 8 (degree level), that would more likely require two years, and I simply could not afford to do so (one year max at a stretch).

It may be an option to spend this year studying part-time and obtain a Level 7, and start a one-year add-on next year. It would be great if I could kill two birds by obtaining a relevant professional certification such as CCNA at the same time. I suppose I am trying to get the right mix of academic and relevant experience as I am progressing. Some of the best people I've worked with seem to have both the theory and practical knowledge, not too much of one or the other, but that is getting a little off-topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

In the CCNA final exam if you get Multiple Choice Multiple Answer questions and you get half of that question correct but for example one answer wrong will the question still be marked or is the whole question considered incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

dpjmie wrote: »
    In the CCNA final exam if you get Multiple Choice Multiple Answer questions and you get half of that question correct but for example one answer wrong will the question still be marked or is the whole question considered incorrect?

Along the lines of select the used ports used for blah blah(best I can come up with). Yeah, if you don't get all three correct no points for you.

Advertisement