Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday for young people!

Options
  • 20-04-2012 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey, me and my friends are looking for somewhere to holiday in Ireland. We'll be finished the leaving in June, and we can't afford to go abroad. I just wanted to know if Lehinch or similar places are any good for young people, and if there is any craic to be had. What is there to do and what is the night life like :D If anyone has any reccomendations about Clare or anywhere else for that matter I'd really appreiate it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Do you mean under 18 or over? Lehinch is fairly hopping on a bank holiday weekend if the weather is good. Or it was a couple of years ago. I'm not sure these days. Half the country was going down there to surf and go on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Emzyxoxo

Heya, I'm also a leaving cert student! I was in Ballybunion last summer and it was brill (Lots of cassinos,nightclubs,nice beach,etc) what more could you want really? Also kilkee is a lot of fun, really nice scenary,pool,beach loads going on and also ideal for camping! Lahinch is great too, especially for surfing! they are all great locations, id say ud ave a laugh at either one of them perhaps ring about cheap accomidation or go to a place where your friend or someone you know has a house or holiday home or something, hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nb93

Oh ya were all 18, just lookin for somewhere with a bit of banter, and somethin to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Emzyxoxo wrote: »
    Heya, I'm also a leaving cert student! I was in Ballybunion last summer and it was brill (Lots of cassinos,nightclubs,nice beach,etc) what more could you want really? Also kilkee is a lot of fun, really nice scenary,pool,beach loads going on and also ideal for camping! Lahinch is great too, especially for surfing! they are all great locations, id say ud ave a laugh at either one of them perhaps ring about cheap accomidation or go to a place where your friend or someone you know has a house or holiday home or something, hope this helps :)

Go to Lahinch around a bank holiday weekend, best chance of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Oh right missed the bit you said you were doing the leaving. Yeah I'd say it'd be good nightlife wise. And there's a fair bit of cheapish or free natural attractions in the region should you need to kill a bit of time during the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

A group of us went hill walking in Connemara one year. We were 4 hours in the mountain and worked up a great thirst:cool: & a great appetite!:pac:

Advertisement