Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool side by side

Options
  • 20-04-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

My fridge stopped working about six weeks ago. I got a local repair chap out to fix it. He said there was a problem with the element in the freezer as it was completely frosted over and the fan was unable to blow cold air into the fridge. He told us to defrost it with a hair dryer and call him back to check the element.

The element was fine so he said it must be the sensor (Thermostat). A few days later he fitted the new sensor. About a week or so later I noticed the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be so I took off the back plate from the freezer and it had frosted up again. I got him back and he said it must be the control board so he ordered one of those and a few days later he fitted it. Again the problem wasn't fixed and we got him back again, this time he said he's going to change another part and if that's not it he doesn't know what else to try.

All during this period I have to defrost the freezer and turn it back on so the fridge gets cold again, its a pain in the hole TBH. :)

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be or do you know what controls the element in the freezer, is it on the stat only or is there a timer controlling it too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Most domestic fridges or freezers will run off a thermostat.
    What about the fan- that could be gone, not circulating the air properly so the evaporator will frost up.

What make and model is it?

Advertisement