Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REALLY NEED HELP

Options
  • 20-04-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My husband has cut back on smoking big time.Withthe help of patches he has gone from 30 a day to 5.But he is in bits.He seems to have a constant cold, chest infection and now his tonuge is covered in blisteres.He has tried two different antibiotics but no good.The sore mouth is annoying him.
    Has anyone any advice.Thanks,Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭nowayjosie

cathy01 wrote: »
    My husband has cut back on smoking big time.Withthe help of patches he has gone from 30 a day to 5.But he is in bits.He seems to have a constant cold, chest infection and now his tonuge is covered in blisteres.He has tried two different antibiotics but no good.The sore mouth is annoying him.

Sounds like he needs to visit his GP as soon as he can, this could be an allergic reaction to the patches, but I'm not medically qualified to know for sure so the doctor is the best bet to sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

nowayjosie wrote: »

Sounds like he needs to visit his GP as soon as he can, this could be an allergic reaction to the patches, but I'm not medically qualified to know for sure so the doctor is the best bet to sort this out.
    Thanks he stopped taking the patches about 11 days ago. He has seen the soc hence the antibiotics but I'm sure it's related to giving up smoking or well cutting down.

Thanks he stopped taking the patches about 11 days ago. He has seen the soc hence the antibiotics but I'm sure it's related to giving up smoking or well cutting down.

The only way of getting to the root of the problem is a quick visit back to the doc - it can't be from cutting down on smoking this would be a health benefit the only other thing it could be is - if he is using patches he should not be smoking at all!!

Thanks he stopped taking the patches about 11 days ago. He has seen the soc hence the antibiotics but I'm sure it's related to giving up smoking or well cutting down.[/QUO

It sounds like he's cutting down on smoking but using patches - I think your not supposed to smoke at all if you are using patches

Advertisement