Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boxing greats

Options
  • 20-04-2012 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

how old was mike tyson wen he won the wourld title//?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dekop

Hows it going, he was 20 when he beat trevor berbick in nov '86 for the wbc belt.
    The best heavy weight in my opinion was ali, if ali fought tyson in their prme there would be no question ali would have beaten him, most probably on points, but because tyson had no stamina i wouldn't rule out a knockout in rounds 5 to 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,978 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dekop wrote: »
    Hows it going, he was 20 when he beat trevor berbick in nov '86 for the wbc belt.
    The best heavy weight in my opinion was ali, if ali fought tyson in their prme there would be no question ali would have beaten him, most probably on points, but because tyson had no stamina i wouldn't rule out a knockout in rounds 5 to 8.

This is ludicrously funny!

Please tell me why, or maybe judging by your first response you could have some sort of symptom that prohibits you from elaborating on comments.
    If your a mike tyson fan i'm sorry, no i'm really really sorry.

Give us a bell when you get in pigeons, aka, liamo

Please tell me why, or maybe judging by your first response you could have some sort of symptom that prohibits you from elaborating on comments.
    If your a mike tyson fan i'm sorry, no i'm really really sorry.

Tyson had NO stamina?:confused:

Ali wins without any question?

See, stuff like this is very funny, to me anyway.

Unless you are pitting the best Ali vs. say the Tyson that Kevin McBride beat?

And even that Tyson had some stamina.

• Advertisement

Na sorry dont agree, ali was pushed to the limit many times, and when he was at his best he usually came out on top, be it in the fight or a rematch, can you ever say that tyson was really pushed to the limit by any opponent, and when he was in trouble he would do something stupid like biting an ear.
    Most of his knock downs were against who, name me one fighter that he knocked down that was world class?

Na sorry dont agree, ali was pushed to the limit many times, and when he was at his best he usually came out on top, be it in the fight or a rematch, can you ever say that tyson was really pushed to the limit by any opponent, and when he was in trouble he would do something stupid like biting an ear.
    Most of his knock downs were against who, name me one fighter that he knocked down that was world class?

Eh, I too pick the best Ali over the best Tyson. But, look over your initial claims in your initial post. So far off the mark. Several men not near Tyson's level gave Ali tough fights. Go figure!

See what I mean? He knocked out the WBC world champion in 2 rds. I guess WBC world champion is just not world class.:confused: That's just one name. Go over Mike's championship reign and get back to me. If you can find one NON top ten fighter in the HW division that he did not meet and beat during his championship reign, give me a shout. Larry Holmes excluded, who was still a very capable fighter.

Avoiding the question, so ok ill take a shot at your request, he beat trever berbick for the wbc title, who?, he beat james smith and tony tucker for iba and wba titles, who?, then he went on to beat spinks, who? larry holmes who is decent but not world class, frank bruno, na wat i mean harry, the list could go on.
    So i'll go back to my original question who has he ever beaten that in your opinion is world class?

Avoiding the question, so ok ill take a shot at your request, he beat trever berbick for the wbc title, who?, he beat james smith and tony tucker for iba and wba titles, who?, then he went on to beat spinks, who? larry holmes who is decent but not world class, frank bruno, na wat i mean harry, the list could go on.
    So i'll go back to my original question who has he ever beaten that in your opinion is world class?

Finishd debating here. If you are incapable of seeing that world class means top rated at a particular instant in time, why go on? You don't have to rate them as great over history, but if you cannot distinguish between world class fighters or boxers or athletes at a particular instant in time, and great or world class in a historical sense, then we'll leave it there.

To give a litle example: David Haye is/was rated world class. David Haye is not world class in my view as regards a historical list. He IS world class according to today's standards, or at least was less than 12 months ago.

BTW, what is the IBA title?

• Advertisement
Advertisement