Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sysprep issue - HP 630 / Win7

Options
  • 20-04-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi all,

Need some advise please.

We have a batch of new HP 630 Laptops just in. We have built up the operating system with Windows 7 Enterprise and all the necessary software and drivers etc.

I have run the sysprep on it and relaunched the laptop to ensure the sysprep worked before making the ghost image. However it appears to have screwed up the graphics card driver which requires a re-install after the sysprep. I have tried to fully reinstall the driver etc and re-sysprep but nothing seems to work with the same result each time.

I would be very grateful if you could shed some might on this as its been the first image I've made where there has been a driver related issue after a sysprep.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hi,sorry for your problems !
    May help you this link here

In the WAIK (Windows Automatic Installation Kit) where you build the XML file:

Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep
    Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep

The Microsoft-Windows-PnpSysprep component specifies whether all Plug and Play information persists during the generalize and specialize configuration passes.
    Typically, during the generalize configuration pass, all device information is removed from the reference computer.
    During the specialize configuration pass, any Plug and Play devices that are detected on the destination computer are re-initialized. Any Plug and Play devices that are not detected are removed from the computer.

In This Section

DoNotCleanUpNonPresentDevices
    Specifies whether Plug and Play information persists on the destination computer during the following specialize configuration pass.
    PersistAllDeviceInstalls
    Specifies whether all Plug and Play information persists on the destination computer during the generalize configuration pass.

Use both of those in your unattend.xml, and your Intel video will still work after generalizing.

Advertisement