Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cruise control..

Options
  • 20-04-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

hi all.

I wonder is it possible to retro fit cruise control on a 2002 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD camper.. A friend of mine had it done in his car where they fitted a stalk on the steering column and wired it into the onboard computer...
    Cost around €120...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    hi all.

I wonder is it possible to retro fit cruise control on a 2002 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD camper.. A friend of mine had it done in his car where they fitted a stalk on the steering column and wired it into the onboard computer...
    Cost around €120...

At that price I'm guessing it was a volkswagen, wiring is already there just change the stalk and enable in the ecu with an illegal vagcom installation bought for €10 on ebay.
    Ducato is different the original cruise control controls are in the steering wheel probably at least €250 never seen a secondhand one, wiring may not be complete and software to enable cruise control is not as easily available as the €10 vag com cable.
    Most motorhomes use a standalone kit that uses a vacuum actuator to operate the acellerator pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Actually , the vaccuum units are mostly used in the non common rail engines , pre 2001 . The better cruise controls are wired into the accelerator wiring with a "T harness" , as these don't have a throttle cable . That said I have fitted vaccuum units to Common rails , but I had to make up a bracket to pull on the accelerator pedal as they don't have an accelerator cable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Actually , the vaccuum units are mostly used in the non common rail engines , pre 2001 . The better cruise controls are wired into the accelerator wiring with a "T harness" , as these don't have a throttle cable . That said I have fitted vaccuum units to Common rails , but I had to make up a bracket to pull on the accelerator pedal as they don't have an accelerator cable .

I havent seen the ones that go on the accellerator wiring thats a much better solution would you have a link to the manufacturer?

Advertisement