Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson

Options
  • 20-04-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Very tough to see who wins on 28th April. I want Hopkins to win but Dawson is young, south paw, better reach and more powerful.

Who do you think will win?

Who would win? Hopkins or Dawson 10 votes

Hopkins on points
    0% 0 votes
    Hopkins by TKO/KO
    30% 3 votes
    Dawson on points
    0% 0 votes
    Dawson by TKO/KO
    50% 5 votes
    Draw
    20% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Judging by how the last fight was going i'd say Dawson but my gut say's Hopkins will do the business..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

cowzerp wrote: »
    Judging by how the last fight was going i'd say Dawson but my gut say's Hopkins will do the business..

I'm thinking the same myself. In the last fight (if I remember correctly), Hopkins wasn't able to land clean in the first round but then again probably just a slow start. He usually picks it up no problem around round 3-4

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Not writing off Hopkins just yet but Dawson should really be winning this fight. But hes inconsistent and dont think he has the workrate to force Hopkins to fight for every minute of every round and stop him from getting into his rythm. He won't be able to switch off or coast for parts of the fight like he usually does either. Gonna lean towards Hopkins on points in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Not writing off Hopkins just yet but Dawson should really be winning this fight. But hes inconsistent and dont think he has the workrate to force Hopkins to fight for every minute of every round and stop him from getting into his rythm. He won't be able to switch off or coast for parts of the fight like he usually does either. Gonna lean towards Hopkins on points in this one.

I'm thinking the same as yourself but at 47 vs a 29 year old seems as though Dawson should win it

Advertisement