Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC Proms 2012 schedule announced

Options
  • 19-04-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

Today the schedule for the 2012 Proms concerts in the Royal Albert Hall in London were announced. http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms

There's a mini-series on Beethoven that will have all his symphonies played over 5 nights. The 5th and 6th will be played on the one night -- I presume that will be sold out straight away! As will all the other ones, probably...

Is anyone planning to go over?

I might go over myself, though the Olympics will push accommodation prices through the (already high) roof. The Beethoven concerts sound nice, as do Prom 7 (Handel's Wassermusik), Prom 45 (From The New World) and Prom 63 (Sibelius, Wagner, Berliner Philharmoniker). There's a bit of Mahler on too, but nothing I've ever listened to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I see they're doing a John Cage night, pity they don't do 4' 33" during the interval!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Dirigent wrote: »
    I see they're doing a John Cage night, pity they don't do 4' 33" during the interval!

It is in one of the other programmes though!

Advertisement