Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videogame music voted into Classic FM Hall of Fame

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never underestimate the power of nerds :D

Good to see it getting some recognition. It's definitely one of the most iconic tracks in any game. The entire soundtrack is pretty fantastic to be fair. There are better pieces out there however, and it would be nice to see more of them getting the recognition they deserve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fight On! / Highwind theme are better :pac:

I'm pretty sure the romance theme to Skyward Sword was better than any composition I heard in a film last year:

Actually, the whole of the orchestral Anniversary CD included with the game is tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Actually, the whole of the orchestral Anniversary CD included with the game is tremendous.

No one must know I put it on my portable media player so I could listen to it on the bus...the height of geekdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Kinski wrote: »
    No one must know I put it on my portable media player so I could listen to it on the bus...the height of geekdom.

Have numerous VG soundtracks and scores on my Google Music >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I see skyrim's Dragonborn is in there too (238) :)

This, should be there imo but isnt..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Something from Ocarina of Time should be in that list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Plenty of great game music that really deserves recognition. The panzer dragoon series music is so unique and wonderful and there's absolutely nothing else like it. However for a newer game I think Nier has far and away the best soundtrack of this generation... other than Deadly Premonitions whistling theme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kinski wrote: »

Frankly, I spend half my commute Kid Icarus time just chilling in the music gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Kid Icarus had a fantastic score. I listen to Video Games Live Vols 1 and 2, Greats Video Game Themes, Zelda Anniversary, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X Piano, Assassins Creed, Skyrim and Zelda: Wind Waker quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Especially when you consider that it was composed by a 21 year old, that's some achievement. Would be in my top 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

always liked the Silent Hill 2 theme song

and the haunting end music to Metal Gear Solid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Fight On! / Highwind theme are better :pac:

I'm pretty sure the romance theme to Skyward Sword was better than any composition I heard in a film last year:

Am I the only one that found skywards swords soundtrack to be a bit disappointing? :o I was expecting better from the same composer that did the score for super mario galaxy 1+2. Most of the dungeon music was great though.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadow is another fantastic score too.

Oscar Araujo is the composer. That track is my favourite from it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

chrislad wrote: »
    Castlevania: Lord of Shadow is another fantastic score too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p3PoxhTrCg

Oscar Araujo is the composer. That track is my favourite from it.

Great track, love who it's very like the Castlevania 4 waterfall track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgit8zlIupo

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the menu screen music from goldeneye /end thread

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFhHB3p5SZc

Really? Just a remixed Bond theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the tour is conducted by an irish girl too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,847 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My number 1, but i don't know does it fall within the remit of "classical" music.

Advertisement