Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Appreciation

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

In a bit of a situation. My art teacher has decided to be crap at teaching and he's not giving us any notes on a visit to a gallery or any sample essays or anything. Ive never been to an gallery and i doubt it would help. If anyone has any ideas where i can get some samples or any tips on where to start, how to lay it out or anything like that would be a help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PTheArtist

Don't say going to your local gallery won't help, because it really does.

The museum/gallery guides will help you out if you say that you are a L.C student and you would like to get some details on the lighting in the gallery, how the objects are arranged and displayed in the gallery, the ambience etc. Many galleries have their own Leaving Cert Workshops where an experienced guide will tell you everything you will need to know for your exam question on a gallery visit. Trust me, go to your gallery, and ask the guides for help, ask at the reception if they have any workshops for L.C students, or email them through their website.

I live very close to Limerick, and I went with my art class to the Gallery Visit Workshop in the Hunt Museum. An past L.C student who did their exam last year got 48/50 for their gallery visit question, thanks to this visit. He brought a notepad and took down key information, and the guide told him which points would be very important to take down. I have a link in my art notebook which helps students further once they participated in the workshop. I'll post that up for you tomorrow if you want it.

I had no idea how to form an answer for the gallery question, until I visited that gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

PTheArtist wrote: »
    Don't say going to your local gallery won't help, because it really does.

The museum/gallery guides will help you out if you say that you are a L.C student and you would like to get some details on the lighting in the gallery, how the objects are arranged and displayed in the gallery, the ambience etc. Many galleries have their own Leaving Cert Workshops where an experienced guide will tell you everything you will need to know for your exam question on a gallery visit. Trust me, go to your gallery, and ask the guides for help, ask at the reception if they have any workshops for L.C students, or email them through their website.

I live very close to Limerick, and I went with my art class to the Gallery Visit Workshop in the Hunt Museum. An past L.C student who did their exam last year got 48/50 for their gallery visit question, thanks to this visit. He brought a notepad and took down key information, and the guide told him which points would be very important to take down. I have a link in my art notebook which helps students further once they participated in the workshop. I'll post that up for you tomorrow if you want it.

I had no idea how to form an answer for the gallery question, until I visited that gallery.
    Its not really the information and stuff its just the structure,the form and what the examiner is looking for the essay when they are marking it, thats my real problem. And can you post that link. Thanks

Advertisement