Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mozilla Firefox Keeps Deleting History

Options
  • 19-04-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭

For the last couple of days, I've been having this problem. Firefox keeps deleting my entire internet history. It's done it about three times in the last week and just right now done it again.

I haven't changed any settings at all in the Control Panel or in Tools so I'm wondering what could be causing this and how it can be solved.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

In your privacy settings do you have it to delete on a certain time or when you close your browser or do you have it running in permanent private browsing mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I'm assuming the following is correct,

Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Untick the Clear History when Firefox closes,

Are you running any cleaners (eg. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

chin_grin wrote: »
    In your privacy settings do you have it to delete on a certain time or when you close your browser or do you have it running in permanent private browsing mode?

No, I have it set at "Firefox Will Remember History" and I've never set it to delete after a certain period of time.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the following is correct,

Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Untick the Clear History when Firefox closes,

Are you running any cleaners (eg. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc) ?

Nope, as far as I know, there aren't any cleaners running.

I bumping this since I still have the same problem and Firefox has just again deleted my entire internet history.

• Advertisement

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox?

Yeah, I've uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and it's still happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Have a 3rd party piece of software designed to optimise speed & such running in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It's quite likely the software running in the background is periodically clearing the temporary internet files and your browsing history.

Have you any Firefox Add-ons installed that may be clearing your data..?

• Advertisement

Have you any Firefox Add-ons installed that may be clearing your data..?

I don't think so. I have them all disabled anyway.

Earlier today, I uninstalled a program called PCSpeedUp which was used to help detect viruses. I'm just wondering if anyone here would be familiar with that program and if that might what would be causing my history to be deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Suas11 wrote: »
    I don't think so. I have them all disabled anyway.

Earlier today, I uninstalled a program called PCSpeedUp which was used to help detect viruses. I'm just wondering if anyone here would be familiar with that program and if that might what would be causing my history to be deleted.

I believe that may be the issue, there was a similar product called PC Pitstop Optimise that used perform the same cleaning operations at startup unless you disabled it.

Advertisement