Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking Lucan Martial Arts - *for beginners*

Options
  • 19-04-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I was looking in the clubs thread and I couldn't find any mention of beginners specifically. I'm looking for a martial arts club in Lucan that has a class for beginners only. I tried get my little brother started on TKD recently but the beginners are thrown in with the more advanced people and he's too embarrassed to join in with more skilled people. So could anyone point me to a martial arts class (any kind) which has a beginners only class?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

Hi
    The only martial arts club that i am aware of in lucan is mma lucan here is their website:
    http://www.mmalucan.com/
    I would say that they are beginner friendly dont really know never trained there.
    also i know a lad who set up a club in clondalkin website is here:
    http://www.macho.ie/testimonials.html
    havnt trained with him before but he seems to be well known in the area and its a relatively new club so alot of beginners there.
    Alternatively if you could get your brother to stick it out in the TKD class it would be really good for him. training with the advanced lads would be more beneficial in my opinion. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭gonko

There is a silat club in Lucan....which i am a member of. There are beginners right the way thru to advanced students. We all train the same and help eachother develop. There are no egos and a very good atmosphere. If you are after very very very effective self defense while building power and speed, this is the one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Insertname

Thanks for the info. I know it would be good for him to got to the classes but he might be hard to convince and I'm not his parent so I can't force him. Anyway, I'll look up those classes and thanks once again

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shotokan 1969

There's a Shotokan Karate Club in Lucan. Instructor is Mick Sherlock 6th Dan, i've done may classes with him and he's excellent. They have a website www.uskfi.org.

Advertisement