Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats my best course of action re: i-grades?

Options
  • 19-04-2012 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

Ive been sick and off college for about 6 weeks at this stage, with doctors notes to prove it, but ive been attending what I could manage.

problem is, my sickness comes and goes at it pleases. tbh, I just really want to pass this year with the exams in 2 weeks, i dont care for good grades, just a pass is good enough, and i might be able to manage a scrape, but im not sure obviously.

Is it possible to get an i-grade for backup, but still sit the exams that i can manage to get out of bed for? I'd hate to repeat in the summer and its a real downer on our holidays. any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Sorry if you get an I grade you can only sit the repeat exam. You can get I grades in sone moduls so you don't have to sit all 5/6 repeats. Have you talked to anybidy about you options yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Call first to the SU, and to the welfare officer then the education officer, just to get into the system in the right way. If the relevant SU personnel are aware of your situation it may help greatly when it comes to the exam reviews. They'll give you the best options.

My guess is that they'll tell you to go via the medical centre, where you can give copies of your documentation to the nurse there. If you have all the documentation from your own GP you should be okay.

I-grades are generally either/or - you either sit the exam, or you I-grade it. It's not generally done where an I-grade is restrospectivally granted once the student has sat the exam.

It is certainly possible to prearrange I-grades, but you will have to go through the system to do it that way. If you have been seen by the doc then you may get the option on the day of the exam whether to sit the exam or to i-grade it.

Advertisement