Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Quick N00b Question

  • #1
    Registered Users Posts: 22,093 ✭✭✭✭ Big Nasty


    Thinking about going down the e-cig route but not gonna spend big money on a set-up until I experiment first. Saw one-cig-packs for sale in my local pharmacy for €10, disposable I would imagine.

    Anyone got any experience with these? How long do they last (i.e. equiv of how many cigs).

    Many thanks!


Comments



  • whenever those things say they're "worth" however many cigarettes, it's basically bull****. it mightr be the equivelant nicotine of x amount of cigarettes, but smoking cigarettes is a more efficient way of getting nicotine than vaping so the maths doesn't exactly work out the way they say it should.

    for ten euro, youll probably get a couple of days out of it.. maybe a week
    wouldnt be a bad idea to get one I guess, just to try it out.. but they're generally not very good at all.

    a proper kit would cost you around 40-50 euro, with 10ml of juice (oughta last you a week or more, depending on how much you vape) costing around 4 euro (50ml of juice costs 15 euro, but best to get 10ml first to see if you like the flavour of the juice)




  • The Jasper&Jasper models are for sale in all Eason stores for around €7.

    They are only okay, disposable products. If you start using these it'll be very expensive, they say they last the same length of time as 40 cigarettes, the battery runs out and the taste dies off after a while, and it's €7 for another one.

    You can get a similar looking, but rechargeable and most importantly, refillable device from all the irish vendors for around the €40 mark, they are commonly known as the 510 kits.

    How long have you been smoking? How many do you smoke a day?




  • http://www.thebestshop.eu/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-510-t-starter-kit/prod_190.html

    If you want something that looks like a cigarette I'd recommend the above kit, my dads using one at the minute and loves it!




  • if you're married to the idea of one that looks like a cigarette i'd reccomend the innokin aio pcc
    the problem with those uber skinny models is the batteries last **** all time, but with the portable carry case the innokin gets around that. and it's shaped like a cigarette packet so it wont feel any different in your pocket



    so if you gert the one from the pharmacist and decide to go with ecigs, if you absolutely have to have one that looks like a cigarette this one is getting good reviews.




  • eeloe wrote: »
    The Jasper&Jasper models are for sale in all Eason stores for around €7.

    They are only okay, disposable products. If you start using these it'll be very expensive, they say they last the same length of time as 40 cigarettes, the battery runs out and the taste dies off after a while, and it's €7 for another one.

    You can get a similar looking, but rechargeable and most importantly, refillable device from all the irish vendors for around the €40 mark, they are commonly known as the 510 kits.

    How long have you been smoking? How many do you smoke a day?

    Thanks guys.

    I've been smoking 20 years and have cut down to about 15 a day. I might try the J&J from Easons to see how I get on then look at the 510 if I like them. I presume the J&J is tobacco flavoured?


  • Advertisement


  • if you're married to the idea of one that looks like a cigarette i'd reccomend the innokin aio pcc
    the problem with those uber skinny models is the batteries last **** all time, but with the portable carry case the innokin gets around that. and it's shaped like a cigarette packet so it wont feel any different in your pocket

    so if you gert the one from the pharmacist and decide to go with ecigs, if you absolutely have to have one that looks like a cigarette this one is getting good reviews.

    Thanks.

    Yeah it would have to look, feel, taste as close to a proper cigarette as possible.




  • well the innokin one that I linked the video to is a good one.

    it used its own innokin cartomisers (the heating element that heats the juice and produces vapour + some filler to soak the juice and feed it to the heating element) but it can also take standard size boge cartomisers which cost around 1.60 each and oughta last you the guts of a week

    the boges would be better imo than the innokin cartomisers as they are 2.0ohm resistance as opposed to the 2.5 ohm of the innokin. this means the boges will give a slightly "harsher" vape, warmer and kinda scratchier... closer to an actual cigarette with the heat and all.

    pick up the one in the pharmacy anyway and if you've any questions, or if you just want more info come back here and someone will be able to answer




  • Just popped down to my local from work Easons (Dun Laoghaire) and they don't sell them. Tried 2 X Pharmacies and they have none either, one of them told me pharmacies can't sell them anymore but I know the pharmacy beside me at home in Sandyford does. No idea what the make / brand is but will pick one up this evening and report back.

    Thanks for all the help and advice. ;)




  • i think I read in another thread here that the larger chain pharmacies dont sell them because of pressure from other nicotine replacement thing producers.. which i wont name in case boards gets sued again :)

    http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php

    some of these londis stores might have something similar to the ones you saw in the pharmacy
    different brand probably, but same idea




  • Just called my local pharmacy and they have Nicolite Disposables for €9.95 or VIP Starter Packs for €25. Gonna try the Nicolite tonight!:)


  • Advertisement




  • review here, if its the same model. dont have time to watch it myself atm :)




  • MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Just called my local pharmacy and they have Nicolite Disposables for €9.95 or VIP Starter Packs for €25. Gonna try the Nicolite tonight!:)

    I'm not sure about your area, but the Jasper & Jasper disposables are available down my side in some shops. Can also be purchsed online from vendors in Ireland. The J&J disposable does not last very long, but is the most realistic "cigalike" that I have tried so far. Their rechargeable versions can have the cartomizers refilled with ordinary eliquid if trying to save a few quid is important.




  • Just about to try my first e-cig!

    Another silly question: once I connect the two parts up (disposable) the unit is then activated. Do I disconnect when not in use or is there only wear on the battery when you pull on it?




  • only when you pull on it
    or if you hold it out the window when you're driving :)




  • Feck me! :eek:

    Took a big hefty drag on it thinking it would be like silk cut ultra or something! Like dragging off a full box of Major! :eek:

    Smaller drags now! :rolleyes:




  • MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Just about to try my first e-cig!

    Another silly question: once I connect the two parts up (disposable) the unit is then activated. Do I disconnect when not in use or is there only wear on the battery when you pull on it?

    The 2 parts should normally be fine to leave attached. But these "automatic" type cigarettes can "start up" when moving about. I nearly had a very embarrasing moment when a 510 model went off in my pocket when walking through Galway city one day.




  • achieve wrote: »
    I nearly had a very embarrasing moment when a 510 model went off in my pocket when walking through Galway city one day.

    'Splain........?

    Just to report back I decided to put it to the ultimate test and have a few beers. Normally have one cig per beer, treated myself to a proper smoke first and have been on the e's :D ever since. They're quite good in fairness but I will probably have a proper one before the end of the evening. :o




  • Nothing wrong with that. You can use it to cut down anyway.




  • MCMLXXV wrote: »
    'Splain........?

    Just to report back I decided to put it to the ultimate test and have a few beers. Normally have one cig per beer, treated myself to a proper smoke first and have been on the e's :D ever since. They're quite good in fairness but I will probably have a proper one before the end of the evening. :o

    The 510 automatic ecig was in my pocket next to the "crown jewels" when it started to seriously heat up. The atomizer got so hot, in my pocket I nearly had to drop my jeans on public street!




  • achieve wrote: »
    The 510 automatic ecig was in my pocket next to the "crown jewels" when it started to seriously heat up. The atomizer got so hot, in my pocket I nearly had to drop my jeans on public street!

    OUCH! :eek:

    Really pleasantly surprised with this lads. Puffing away contently! :)


  • Advertisement


  • Well see how you fare out with that, if it turns out to be something you'll enjoy, we'll be able to advise you on which device to go for next!




  • eeloe wrote: »
    Well see how you fare out with that, if it turns out to be something you'll enjoy, we'll be able to advise you on which device to go for next!

    Managing quite well - keep having to stop myself going for the ashtray so that's a good enough sign! :)




  • MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Managing quite well - keep having to stop myself going for the ashtray so that's a good enough sign! :)

    lol.. I still do that sometimes and I often do be checking my jacket pocket when going out to see if I have my lighter with me! Then I just say to myself what the hell am I thinking but old habits die hard I guess...
    Glad you like the vaping sounds like your off to a good start, hope it works out for you and keeps you off them evil cigarettes:)


Advertisement