Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League goals App currently Free !

Options
  • 19-04-2012 1:41pm

Just got this app on Android , not sure about Iphone but its currently free. Goals are text to you as they happen. Not sure if its a mistake yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

This is the Setanta Sports App, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yeah - it's free on iPhone at the moment, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got it there! Cheers OP!

Now to wait until Saturday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Doesn't work on Galaxy S2, videos won't load and the app closes itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Downloading it now, hopefully it works okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Saadyst wrote: »

Looks great...

Aaron on April 16, 2012 (HTC Wildfire with version 1.0)
    Crap
    The goals never came up its ****

David on January 24, 2012 (Samsung Galaxy Ace with version 1.0)
    Never worked.
    Never had video working on either froyo or gingerbread android phones.

Eamonn on November 21, 2011 (Samsung Galaxy S2 with version 1.0)
    Not working
    No video on both wifi an 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

ShaneU wrote: »
    Doesn't work on Galaxy S2, videos won't load and the app closes itself.

Sky go app was like that for me when I loaded it first too, reinstalling fixed it and works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Are the text alerts free?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

just downloaded it. Load of ****e. Keeps crashing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Some people have clearly never heard of updates....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So has anybody ever actually seen a video using this on Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

ahh why do all these apps need the new iphone have the 3s and cant get any good apps anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Crashed within about 20 seconds of running it for the first time there having just set up the 'My Team' section.... not a good start.

I also think it's designed purely for Android phones (I've got it on a tablet) as it's permanently in a portrait mode on my screen and doesn't rotate to landscape/widthways.

Cheers to the OP though - I did want something like this and it's always worth it to download the free app even if you don't plan on using it - you never know when the updates may make this very good and even if you delete it now, you'll never have to pay for it again when you want to redownload it.
    n1ck wrote: »
    Some people have clearly never heard of updates....

True, updates may improve it. But as it stands, it's quite bad and there's no updates available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Am I the only person it hasn't crashed for? And in saying that the Facebook app crashes all the time yet millions of people still use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

See the latest Premier League goals on your phone within seconds of them being scored in high quality video. Receive beep alerts direct to your phone each time a goal has been scored in a game involving your selected team. Watch pre-match previews, half time highlights and full time round ups of each and every Premier League game throughout the season.

this app is a joke, im still yet to see any goals from the 3pm kick-offs today. "See the goals within seconds of them being scored", are the having a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does it require Flash 10.1 or higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

worked for me perfectly thanks op

worked for me perfectly thanks op
    Which phone did you use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

iphone 4 using ios 5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had it all this year , and while it's definately not as good as the advertisements suggest, you will se goals about 10-15 minutes after being scored.

For 7 euro per season, it's worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Had it all this year , and while it's definately not as good as the advertisements suggest, you will se goals about 10-15 minutes after being scored.

For 7 euro per season, it's worth it imo.

Im using an iphone 4s running latest IOs and scores section shows nothing, when i drag it down to update it, it says not updated yet

News, table and my team section work fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Presume it's free because there's only 3 matches left and they are trying to get people to sign up now for next season?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Presume it's free because there's only 3 matches left and they are trying to get people to sign up now for next season?

If that's there intention then its a pity it works for hardly anybody on Android. Typical ****e from Setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Didn't work tonight for the Villa Bolton game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭Brian017

Didn't realise its per Season thought it was an once off payment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

thegift06 wrote: »
    this app is a joke, im still yet to see any goals from the 3pm kick-offs today. "See the goals within seconds of them being scored", are the having a laugh
    While the app is a little basic (iOS 5.1 on 3Gs), it's worked grand for me. All the goals from Sunday's 4-4 draw at Old Trafford within moments of them happening - I never got notifications, but I could go in and watch them manually.

Advertisement