Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larger Condoms in Galway

Options
  • 19-04-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Posting this here so I can post anonymously. Does anyone know where I can purchase larger condoms in Galway? I've checked in Boots but they only stocked normal sizes. I'm slightly wider than average, so I find it difficult to find condoms that fit me, which is a major problem when it comes to the Durex brand. Was quite surprised to see that Boots didn't have them. If I'm honest, I'd rather not purchase them online, mainly because I'd find that iffy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

modnote: constructive, helpful answers only. AH style answers will be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

If I'm honest, I'd rather not purchase them online, mainly because I'd find that iffy.

I dont know why you find it iffy,but have a look on Amazon and you will find loads in XL sizes and cheaper than in shops,they post them in plain packaging if thats what you are worried about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=large+condoms&sprefix=large+condoms

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

they have the durex XL in tesco,

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I find it difficult to find condoms that fit me, which is a major problem when it comes to the Durex brand
    All the Durex models are different though so don't write them all off because one type didnt work for you. Durex Performa ones are a disaster. for example. Way too tight.. avoid. I have the same prob. Have you tried Durex Pleasuremax? I recommend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

op

I can't recommend enough that you measure yourself women do it for a bra men should if there larger then say durex xl, because side does go a little cray in terms of whats right for you...Then go into a sex shops and see what they have...

I wouldn't jump for xl durex i fund them to be like marry golds in terms of sensation... I got nothing.....

in terms of brands i use http://www.pasante.com they fit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Steve Johnson

I've only got a 5.5 inch and it's thinner than average, so I really wouldn't know. Try breaking into a Black man's house and going through his drawers, that should solve your problem. PLENTY of them over here these days and they're very clearly stealing our women. So you stealing a few mega-johnnys back should not be deemed immoral in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I've only got a 5.5 inch and it's thinner than average, so I really wouldn't know. Try breaking into a Black man's house and going through his drawers, that should solve your problem. PLENTY of them over here these days and they're very clearly stealing our women. So you stealing a few mega-johnnys back should not be deemed immoral in any way.

This idiot is now banned so please ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The sex shops in Galway have large condoms but they aren't much bigger than regular condoms.

Durex extra safe are actually a bit bigger than the others but not by much.

If you buy off Amazon beware it's on the description on the box. That didn't really bother me but it might bother some. Also there was a site in Ireland called Kinky.ie selling them, try Trojan Magnum XL. Good luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

i get mine here http://www.britishcondoms.co.uk/my-size/

any size really, and bulk buying is cheaper than store bought ones.

no need to be iffy of online condom buying, its really in their interest of future sales to be quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ebay OP

Lots of sellers there and this is all they do, selling huge quantities at cheap prices

Don't worry, comes in plain brown envelopes

• Advertisement

I find it interesting how any time someone asks a question like this, people generally just mock or disbelieve. It also alarms me how a store like Boots wouldn't provide any XL condoms.

Cheers for the heads-up on Kinky.ie, Wompa. I actually purchased some called Skins Condoms XL so hopefully they'll arrive some time during the week. Unsure as to what packaging they'll come in, but I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

+1 XL Durex are terrible.

I reckon you could use them as a bullet proof material. As you certainly feel nothing through them.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

OP I would be concerned buying from ebay but like a previous poster have used british condoms.co.uk before with no hassle.

Seamonkey gave alink above as well - this one is direct to all the larger ones
    http://www.britishcondoms.co.uk/large-size-condoms/

Like snowie said above, Pasante are a good brand generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

BigDuffman wrote: »
    +1 XL Durex are terrible.

I reckon you could use them as a bullet proof material. As you certainly feel nothing through them.

They do the job for me. They are pretty tight still on me, leaves me c**k looking like someones neck after they'd been choked to death. Nice imagery eh!?!

Anyway, they were the largest I could find. Any smaller and I really can't feel anything else and it hurts like crazy pulling it off. With the XL Durex, they are thick but it let's the foreskin move more naturally if you are more thick than long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Why not try lovehoney.co.uk they have a large stock (including ones with a measured size) and deliver free to Ireland I think, they sell massive bumper packs very cheap but probably not in the types your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Why not try lovehoney.co.uk they have a large stock (including ones with a measured size) and deliver free to Ireland I think, they sell massive bumper packs very cheap but probably not in the types your looking for.

Boots stock a good selection

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

I really think the shops, particularly the pharmacies ought to stock a better selection of sizes. They have umpteen different textures, flavours, materials, desensitizing, you name it... but they tend not to stock large size ones.

It's a genuine problem for probably more guys than the purchasing managers think and it's not the kind of thing you're going to complain to the manager about.

Although, that being said, lots of places refuse to stock shoes above size 10, yet I know loads of people with size 11 or 12 feet.

Do they do zero market research?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Boots stock a good selection

LOL I don't have the OP's problem :o

If you have a UK address to deliver to* this shop here is really really cheap, 72 Durex or 144 mates for a tenner and free delivery.

Apologies for trying to turn this into a general cheap condoms thread

*Its because they are linked to the NHS.

Condoms arrived today in the post from Kinky.ie. Passante King Size. Hopefully they're good.

JimmyCrackCorn - Boots do have a relatively good selection, but they just don't really cater for the larger sizes seemingly.

Sorry to bump this, but forgot to say those condoms genuinely made a difference. Before I could never enjoy sex properly, because I was wary of it slipping off and that they were too tight, so I would likely lose an erection, but the Passante King Size ones were perfect. So cheers for the Kinky.ie recommendation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 High5ive

I know the sex shop on dominick st has larger condoms. Got them there myself last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I never liked Durex all that much. I picked up Mates Skyn in boots and no complaints. It's possible that store was out of stock, definitely a brand i recommned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Wompa1 wrote: »
    They do the job for me. They are pretty tight still on me, leaves me c**k looking like someones neck after they'd been choked to death. Nice imagery eh!?!

Anyway, they were the largest I could find. Any smaller and I really can't feel anything else and it hurts like crazy pulling it off. With the XL Durex, they are thick but it let's the foreskin move more naturally if you are more thick than long...
    Have you tried the Trojan Magnum range?
    High5ive wrote:
    I know the sex shop on dominick st has larger condoms. Got them there myself last week.
    What's the name of the shop/condoms you bought? Would be good to have a backup just in case Condom Power on Dame st. goes out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 High5ive

Have you tried the Trojan Magnum range?

What's the name of the shop/condoms you bought? Would be good to have a backup just in case Condom Power on Dame st. goes out of business.

the sex shop on dominick st is called laura jane. i got pasante xl's off them. i looked at their website ( laurajane.ie ) and they actually sell them online. noticed that they have a shop in dublin aswell, so you have backup closer to home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Surprised to hear Boots have not stocked the product below, which I was able to source in Boots in Dublin, around 12 Euro if I recall correctly, can still like having a jubilee clip at the base of your cock a doodle do, but definitely the best I've been able to find on the market as someone with the same "problem" as yourself, certainly much better than any of the Durex show stoppers...

http://www.mycondom.co.uk/mates-skyn-large-condoms-10-box

Advertisement