Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad 32g Wifi Tablet €299

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I think the same ones are 260 GBP on amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

not a great price but it is high spec.

The touchpad itself is end of line a while now, these seem to be remaining units that haven't sold in any other country..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

€150 would be a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

As much as i love my touchpad, think that is a bit overpriced considering it is end of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Keep in mind that you can install Android ICS on these devices. I've got the CyanogenMod version and it works really well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Keep in mind that you can install Android ICS on these devices. I've got the CyanogenMod version and it works really well!

Yeah me too def was a good buy at €139, spents months looking for one and got it in click.ie in carlow, after i'd given up hope! Just annoying that they are doulbe the price they should be... people making a 100% mark up! It's like ticket touts really! They're profiting from other peoples work.... as they got them at €150 (maybe not grabone.ie but whoever there supplier is....)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

got mine for 140 from france, again its a nice yoke but i wouldn't spend anymore than 150 on one, only good for surfing, holiday videos on plane and angry birds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Delivery €5 per order.

Don't forget to add this.

I also agree 299 is a bit much when they went on firesale at about 150 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

€299 is not a bargain for a TP in April 2012

I own one. I love it. I'd probably say it's worth €200 without having checked out the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

These are being sold by Luzern so they're more than likely refurbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

They have some cheek saying they are worth €574. Shame on the website for allowing that. Destroys their credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Definately not a bargain.
    32GB were €150 9 months ago

worth €200 tops with accessories pack

agree with Destroys their credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I bought one on adverts recently for 200eur. That had a few accessories with it.

I hope they don't sell any at 299!

kc66 wrote: »
    They have some cheek saying they are worth €574. Shame on the website for allowing that. Destroys their credibility.

To be fair that was the price for that model pre-firesale I see nothing wrong with quoting it. People did actually pay that for it (suckers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭HHH

Bought a 32gb one from adverts.ie on Sunday for €170 including a nice case. Decent tablet with the new CyanogenMod update. Not worth over €200 tho.

Also considering you can get a refurb iPad 2 for €349 from Apple hardly the deal of the century.

eamon234 wrote: »

To be fair that was the price for that model pre-firesale I see nothing wrong with quoting it. People did actually pay that for it (suckers!)

Of course there is something wrong with quoting that value. It is not the value of the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Of course there is something wrong with quoting that value. It is not the value of the item.
    Maybe so, but "destroying their credibility" ???

C'mon now....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Even with that, I don't think it's worth it (I have an ICS Android tablet).

180-200 euro is the very max you should pay for this now as there are more and more new tablets coming out that are better and cheaper than this.

Back when they first came out, 200 euro was a good price and if you like the rarity of the device, go for it - but there are quite a few better tablets out now since the fire sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

dodzy wrote: »

They are advertising this one time special offer as being almost half the usual price (i.e. RRP). This one time special offer is actually more expensive than almost every other Touchpad special offer recently, and certainly far higher than it's sold for in the last 9 months.

As you don't seem to understand what credibility is, here's an explanation (wiki :D) "Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message.".

Now, as they are massively overblowing the discount potential customers are getting, they are destroying the credibility of other discounts. What exactly about this is so complicated that you need to :rolleyes:?

:rolleyes:

Vastly overpriced, there are plenty of offers on superior Android tablets at the moment for around this price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have one, and it'd be worth 150 tops, nothing more. They were amazing at the firesale price, but at that price they're not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

For €299 I'd want 3G and sd card slot, we have two touchpads I think I'd pay up to €180 as it is high quality screen, battery etc. works fabulously with cyanogenmod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

They were refunded the difference iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,047 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah me too def was a good buy at €139, spents months looking for one and got it in click.ie in carlow, after i'd given up hope! Just annoying that they are doulbe the price they should be... people making a 100% mark up! It's like ticket touts really! They're profiting from other peoples work.... as they got them at €150 (maybe not grabone.ie but whoever there supplier is....)

No-one is forced to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

At 299 its not bad, it still hasn't any competition in that price bracket. Comparison with iPad is pointless unless you dont know what you want. Id pay a premium for ICS over iOS, absolutely no interest in it, I sold my ipad when I got a touchpad. No regrets and I wouldn't part with it for 299 just yet.

Samsung have a new tab for 299 not sure when its released here but its worth looking into, probably a better buy than the touchpad. Should put apple under some serious pressure.

Check out galaxy tab 2 and asus transformer 300. Both ICS and both out in the next 2few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

At 299 its not bad, it still hasn't any competition in that price bracket. Comparison with iPad is pointless unless you dont know what you want. Id pay a premium for ICS over iOS, absolutely no interest in it, I sold my ipad when I got a touchpad. No regrets and I wouldn't part with it for 299 just yet.

Samsung have a new tab for 299 not sure when its released here but its worth looking into, probably a better buy than the touchpad. Should put apple under some serious pressure.
    Motorola Xoom and Galaxy Tab have both been available for just under €300 for a while now from the UK.

dodzy wrote: »

I find more and more that these sites are trying to create an illusion of a huge discount. A couple of years ago they had many great discounts but now they are selling all kinds of crap that is in reality being sold for around the price its worth, if not more. I used to like these sites and regularly purchased, but lately the majority of the discounts are not what they seem if you do the research. Therefore, they have lost their credibility in my eyes. Sorry for taking this off topic a bit.
    Tragedy wrote: »
    They are advertising this one time special offer as being almost half the usual price (i.e. RRP). This one time special offer is actually more expensive than almost every other Touchpad special offer recently, and certainly far higher than it's sold for in the last 9 months.

As you don't seem to understand what credibility is, here's an explanation (wiki :D) "Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message.".

Now, as they are massively overblowing the discount potential customers are getting, they are destroying the credibility of other discounts. What exactly about this is so complicated that you need to :rolleyes:?

:rolleyes:

Vastly overpriced, there are plenty of offers on superior Android tablets at the moment for around this price.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I suggest to either close this thread or move it from bargain alerts to rip-off alerts section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Pretty sure the Touchpad was canned before they went on sale through official channels in this country. All Touchpads sold here were effectively firesale units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Until like me you experience the cm9 battery bug that means the touchpad won't boot nor charge (as reported by many on rootzwiki)

Advertisement