Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBB expells all gass after a few shots

Options
  • 19-04-2012 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Guys

have a GBB and ever time i fill the mags after a few shots it just lets all the gas out. I know the Irish weather isnt great for GBBs but even in the height of summer after heating the mag and leaving it in my pocket for a couple of hours it still happens. any ideas whats up? time to get new O rings or something?

the gas is expelled out of the top of the mag where it should come out not out of the valve used to fill the mag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

what make/model is it and is it full metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

thermo wrote: »
    what make/model is it and is it full metal?

KJ Works Sig p229 yes full metal. I get maybe 6-10 shots out of a 24 shot mag before it just lets it all out. Even today I filled her with gad and had it in my pocket for 2 hours just so it wouldn't be too cold and I got the same. happens on the two mags i have.

Mags doesn't seem to have any leaks coz i filled it last week and left it for a few hours and there was still gas in it

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

After my recent experience can I suggest squirting some silicone oil onto the gas inlet before you fill the mag, this will lube mag and in my case it stopped the valve sticking open.

thegrayson wrote: »
    After my recent experience can I suggest suirting some silicone oil onto the gas inlet before you fill the mag, this will lube mag and in my case it stopped the valve sticking open.

if i do this i assume the silicon will then be pushed by the gas up the mag and onto the "out" valve for want of a better way of putting it. nice one I'll give that a shot later tonight

no joy, put some silicon oil on the in valve and the out valve, left a little gas in it over night, kept mags in my pocket for about 4 hours and hey presto 6 shots and it pisses all the gas out. Guess I'll replace teh O rings in the valves and see if that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

To test if it is merely the cool down effects, or whether there is actually something wrong with your pistol, try the following:
    1.) Use a FULL bottle of gas (much the same as the magazine itself, when filling from the bottle, the less gas is in it, the lower the pressure in the mag)

2.) Shake the bottle - turn the magazine upside down so that the inlet (fill) valve is perpendicular with the ground

3.) Fill the magazine when both it and the gas is cold - do not pre-heat the mag or bottle. When it is cold it allows more gas into the magazine, thus improving the internal pressure.

4.) Fill the magazine until it's full. Forget all of this timing BS that circles around, you can hear the difference when the magazine is full. Be patient and don't be afraid to waste gas. You should hear it fill, then go quiet, and then start to gently bubble/hiss.

5.) Warm the magazine to room temperature. Using hand warmers etc tend to have an adverse effect due to the properties of latent heat - they are a lot warmer than the atmospheric temperature, and so it cools rapidly, which drops the pressure drastically, normally resulting in that wonderful cloud of gas.

6.) Ensure pistol is clean, and lubed. Clean the barrel and oil the tracks on the slide - the less friction there is, the less work the gas has to do and the longer it will last.

7.) Start shooting, but keep 1 second between EACH shot. Just count one, then pull the trigger.

You should notice a significant improvement if taking those steps. If you do, then you know it's just the cool down effects, and you just use the above to get the most out of your pistol. If it has no noticeable improvement, then it's down the route of making sure mags are leak free, that there's no damage on loading nozzle etc

ok I'll try that through the week

sorry forgot to post back on this, did all the above and it improved then friday i tried again after leaving the mags in the warmest room in the house. got most of a mag off no problem, had it out yesterday and again most of a mag out no problems, which is the balls of 20 bbs each time, previously i was getting something like 5 or six. thanks a bunch dude

Advertisement