Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you prefer Cigarettes, Cigars or Pipes??

Options
  • 19-04-2012 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

I started out on Cigarettes all those years ago but now I am a Pipe man and occasionally a Cigar man.

I have not met many pipe smokers so I wonder what the distribution is here on the Board.

So vote away, are you primarily a Cigarette smoker, Roller, Pipe Smoker or Cigar smoker?

What do you smoke Primarily 51 votes

Cigarettes
    0% 0 votes
    Roll-Ups
    33% 17 votes
    Cigars
    19% 10 votes
    Pipes
    17% 9 votes
    Other
    29% 15 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Pipe almost exclusively. A fistful of cigars a year, and I bought some cigarillos a while back which I'm trying to decide if I like or not.

Cannot stand packet cigarettes. They taste like smoking a biro stuffed with newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Cigarettes all the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Cigars primarily, pipe occasionally.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

BeerNut wrote: »
    Pipe almost exclusively. A fistful of cigars a year, and I bought some cigarillos a while back which I'm trying to decide if I like or not.

Cannot stand packet cigarettes. They taste like smoking a biro stuffed with newspaper.

The last time I was over in Poland I was stocking up on a few pipes & tobacco.. One place I went to was selling all flavors of cigarillos, chocolate, cherry, strawberry.. So I bought a few just to see.. It was pretty tough trying to smoke them to be honest. Just like a cheap aromatic pipe tobacco, they seem to be made for smokers who don't enjoy the taste of tobacco but still want to smoke..

Do you have a mix of tobaccos in your rotation or have you a favorite?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I have a mix in rotation because I tend to buy anything that looks interesting when I see it. However, my general-purpose tobacco would be Peterson's De Luxe.

Funny, I can't inhale the cigarillos I bought at all -- Mehari's Ecuador. I get no nicotine from them. But the taste goes well with an imperial stout or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Johnson

Lovely fags !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Cigarettes mainly I suppose but I smoke the pipe when I'm at home evenings/night.

Petersons University Flake is a favourite of mine

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cigarettes daily, cigar occasionally. I'd be keen to try out the pipe as a regular thing soon enough, I've had one a couple of years but have only used it on the odd occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galwayguy20

Rollies for the last year or two but starting on the pipe now. It smells and tastes much nicer, although I'm still finding it a bit tricky. I think this might be the start of a beautiful friendship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I voted, and just nudged pipes into the lead.

Outside this group, it seems to me that the numbers of pipe smokers are in decline, far more than for other classes of smoker. Don't blame me: I do an amount of advocacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... [The pipe] smells and tastes much nicer ...
    I also find that many non-smokers who dislike the smells of cigarettes or cigars are less bothered by the smell of the pipe; some say that they quite like it. For many, there is a nostalgia factor: "it reminds me of my father" or, increasingly often, "it reminds me of my grandfather".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Rollies (Indian Spirit / Pueblo preferably) & the occasional Cohiba :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Quinntan

The pipe would be the main one for my smoking, but I still would buy the odd pack of Lucky blues for college.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Someone asked me what "Others" means in the Poll..

This would be things like Cigarillos, Snuff, Electric Vapour Cigs etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 robbie8108

started of on cigs about 4 years ago but in the last 2 years i have bought rollies amber leaf mainly.I have bought a few cigars but they were not for me :)

Advertisement