Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max safe voltage for Athlon 2 x3

Options
  • 18-04-2012 9:28pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right here goes.

Have an Athlon 2 x3 425 @ 2.7 stock

Unlocked it to a Phenom 2 x4 B25.

Been completely stable for the last few months @ 3.21 on the 4 cores on 1.425 stock voltage.

Started getting Blue screens the last 2 days and Ive narrowed it down to the cpu.

If I leave it as a tri core @ 3.21 its stable.
    If I "turn on" the 4th core its blue screens.
    However if I up the core voltage to 1.475 its stable again.

Can a 4th core suddenly become unstable after months of use??

Is it just luck of the draw that its started acting up and probably the reason it was locked to start with.

And if 1.475 vcore too high?Or can I run it at that volts?

Is it time for a cpu change??

Temps never go over 55c at the higher voltage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

One suggestion could be to have a look around your bios for a temperature monitor that throttles your cpu if it gets too hot . I'am after having a look around Google for the last few minutes and it seems 1.5 volts is absolutely fine for running this CPU .

Advertisement