Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student CV Question

Options
  • 18-04-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

My CV is due in on Friday but my student records one says my nationality is Northern Irish and doesn't come up with my picture.

I'm not sure how to change the nationality part.
    Does anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Aragneer wrote: »
    My CV is due in on Friday but my student records one says my nationality is Northern Irish and doesn't come up with my picture.

I'm not sure how to change the nationality part.
    Does anyone have any idea?

I presume it's pulling details from SI so maybe call to the SAA front desk and ask them to change that and see if it updates on the CV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Thank you! I'm going to go hand in the CV tomorrow anyway and I will let them know the problems so they can let me know whats wrong there :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8 _reznik

Hey guys.

Just wondering could anyone tell me if I should put down incomplete college courses on my CV? For example, I did one year of a 3 year course in WIT but failed my exams and never went back after the first year.

Would it be best not to mention this at all or should I put it on my CV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

_reznik wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Just wondering could anyone tell me if I should put down incomplete college courses on my CV? For example, I did one year of a 3 year course in WIT but failed my exams and never went back after the first year.

Would it be best not to mention this at all or should I put it on my CV?
    What do you think? :rolleyes:

Jester252 wrote: »

I think I genuinely don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You should not put it down as they might ask you why didn't finish the course.

You should not put it down as they might ask you why didn't finish the course.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Maybe I'm just naive but I'd put it down. And if they asked in an interview what happened I'd just say it didn't suit me, I was too immature at the time or some shíte but I learned from the experience etc.

But that's just me....

#neverhadaproperjobandwonderswhy

Advertisement