Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Grooming Products

Options
  • 18-04-2012 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey There,

I'm just wondering what the attitude towards male grooming is like these days.

How much do you/your boyfriend/husband spend a month and on what products?

Personally I buy moisturiser, scrub, toner and just bought a face peel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

My best male friend buys deodorant and aftershave, that's about it. And they're more of essentials than grooming things. Poor guy would wet himself in terror if I presented him with some moisturizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

husband uses moisturiser and cleanser and all the other mens products and loves them and his skin is fab. i dont see anything wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I use moisturizer everyday, tbh its the only toiletry i cannot live without. Its the only one i wouldn't leave the house without using.

IMO all the others are not vital. I never use shaving foam when shaving and shaving for me isn't daily. I use a small bit of hair gel from time to time when my hair is longish to stop me from looking like a member of the Jackson 5. Toothbrush you can get away with the odd day not using it. Shampoo you dont need to use daily. Deodrants aren't that essential if you have good hygiene.

The difference to your skin from using moisturizer daily to not using it at all can be significant. Nothing feels worse than having rough and dry skin on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I use Clinique moisturiser and face wash and face scrub. For shaving I rarely shave, only my neck so I use any shaving foam I've left over as the face I trim with an electric shaver.

If I was to shave fully I have this Clinique scruffing lotion that I apply before moisturising. Of course I thought this was for only using after shaving but my friends girlfriend told me I can use it regularly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Hazys wrote: »
    Toothbrush you can get away with the odd day not using it. Shampoo you dont need to use daily.
    :eek:

What:eek:

I really hope your joking...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Rich11 wrote: »
    :eek:

What:eek:

I really hope your joking...

Well i would brush my teeth at least once per day but i'd wouldn't be too bothered if i headed out and forgot to do it.

As for shampoo, using it everyday can be bad for your hair. Your hair generates natural grease to protect your scalp and hair. If you use shampoo 7 days a week, you can never generate it, so you can dry out your scalp and weaken your hair. i'd say i use shampoo 5 out of 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

I use deodrant, moisturiser (E45) and after shave/eau de toillete every day.
    I use shave soap and apply it with a badger brush, it's fantastic to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would use the following:

Nivea Facial scrub - only use it about twice a week
    Nivea Face wash
    Nivea Intensive Moisturizer
    Deodrant
    Aftershave

And no....I'm not on commission from Nivea I just like their products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Whats a good moisturiser that doesn't leave your face all shiny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

For exfoliator and moisturizer I just buy the Tesco own brand.
    Don't see a huge difference between and the premium products

For the facewash, I'm a fan of the Clearasil range
    Not just for teenagers you know :)

The best moisturizer I've had was the stuff Pierce Brosnan used to flog
    loreal_for_men_hydra_energetic_2.jpg

I suppose it's worth buying but a bit pricy, eight or nine euro
    Might get it next time, I do like it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Started using Total Shaving Solution recently and I will never use shaving foam/gel again. Brilliant stuff.

A month - I'd buy some facewash, deodourant, and moisturizer. That's it. Unless you include toothpaste and mouthwash, but I don't know if they count? I only started to use moisturizer recently when I noticed my skin would get extremely tight and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant if I'm feeling decadent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Not really into "using product". Just the essentials.

Mouthwash, deoderant floss, tooth paste standard.

L'Occitane shower gel
    Abercrombie fierce aftershave
    Gillete Fusion (proglide senstivie) shaving foam
    I also started using the nivea shaving balm to avoid the razor burn.

Don't know about using face masks and toners...tis a bit metro for my taste. But each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Cicero wrote: »
    Nearly píssed myself laughing reading that, tears coming out of my eyes an all.

Advertisement