Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre to London Luton

Options
  • 18-04-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm flying home tomorrow for a few days. Ryanair out of Luton in the evening.

I live in ealing but will be working around oxford circus / Tottenham court rd during the day so will probably go straight from there.

My question is, what is the quickest and easiest way to get to the airport. I believe there is a train which leaves from kings cross, but I wad also told that there is a regular easybus service from the city centre.

About how long would the bus take? What's it like price-wise, and where does it leave from?

Would you recommend one over the other? My flight is at 7.40 or so and I'll be finished work in town around 3 or 4.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

easybus is the handiest, takes 1hr 20mins but needs to be booked well in advance....stick to the train and tfl.gov it...Allow 2 hours point to point...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Highly unorthodox, I know, but you might try the Luton Airport website?

http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/content/2/123/by-bus---coach.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Honestly, train > bus every time - there's far less chance of delay etc.

Get the Victoria line from Oxford Circus or Northern Line from Tottenham Court Road to King's Cross, then transfer to the First Capital Connect part of St Pancras and take the train. The train to Luton Airport Parkway is about 40 minutes or so, and then you transfer to a bus to the airport itself for a 10 minute ride. Including the tube trip and transfers, the journey will take about 1hr 15 at the most!

I think the whole cost of train and transfer bus is about £10-£15.

The trains are very regular as well (3-4 an hour) but check on National Rail anyway.

I've never taken the bus, but I usually try to avoid buses because I find it often isn't worth it.

Advertisement