Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the warranty with the shop or the company?

Options
  • 18-04-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

I got a Nintendo Wii from Game 4 months ago. It had a 1 year warranty. What I want to know is, is the warranty with Game or with Nintendo? If the console gets a fault, will I just have to go meh?!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, just thought with all the talk of Game shutting ( :( ) that some others may know.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The shop. You bought it from the shop, not Nintendo. Don't let them fob you off saying to take it up with Nintendo. At least that's what I know about it :) Wait for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Oh poo. Thanks for your response. If anyone can verify it that'd be great :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually the warranty is with nintendo. However by consumer law you also have a warranty with the shop as well. Check out the PS3 small claims court thread in the Playstation forum. People have taken the shop to the small claims court and won once the manufacturers warranty was up because by law the PS3 has to last a reasonable time and failing within 3 years really isn't a reasonable time for an expensive piece of electrical equipment. If the manufacturers 1 years warranty is up taking it up with the shop. However if the shop has gone bust then unfortunately you won't have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Well Game has shut down (In ireland at least) You are as well off talking to Nintendo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What Retro said, it should be the retailers responsibility but as they are no longer trading there is nothing that can be done on that front.

Not to worry in any case as Nintendo will accept a direct RMA over the 12 month warranty period. (Once you still have proof of purchase).

http://www.nintendoservicecentre.co.uk/our-promise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually the warranty is with nintendo. However by consumer law you also have a warranty with the shop as well. Check out the PS3 small claims court thread in the Playstation forum. People have taken the shop to the small claims court and won once the manufacturers warranty was up because by law the PS3 has to last a reasonable time and failing within 3 years really isn't a reasonable time for an expensive piece of electrical equipment. If the manufacturers 1 years warranty is up taking it up with the shop. However if the shop has gone bust then unfortunately you won't have a leg to stand on.
    That would have been my experience. :) Xtravision telling me that an Xbox 2 months out of warranty is Microsoft's problem, not their's.

Advertisement