Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is WolframAlpha always correct?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I am doing some implicit differentiation and using WolframAlpha to check my answers. It seems to over complicate some things and I'm not sure I trust the answers. What do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Have you tried using Simplify[ ]? It could be that the expressions Alpha gives are what you have but just in different form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Have you tried using Simplify[ ]? It could be that the expressions Alpha gives are what you have but just in different form.

No I haven't tried that, it tends to give the answer in 2 or 3 different forms. Sorry but how do I use the Simplify[ ] please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Why don't you post your question and solution here and we can help you along if you get stuck.

Advertisement