Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few week on what do yu think o the update?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Personally I feel it has taken away from the game as it is much harder to get a game with normal ticket count and good map rotation.
    I find myself quitting games alot more because I've been playing the same map for about an hour and there are 700+ tickets left.

Bring back the old ways!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Felexicon wrote: »
    Personally I feel it has taken away from the game as it is much harder to get a game with normal ticket count and good map rotation.
    I find myself quitting games alot more because I've been playing the same map for about an hour and there are 700+ tickets left.

Bring back the old ways!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try searching "DICE" in the search bar for server browser. Because of that, I can still play regular ticket matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I like nearly all the changes from the update, apart from the server stuff. Not sure why they didn't keep DICE servers as a separate option. I usually only play with one friend and would much prefer to be able to quick match into a DICE conquest server like I could before

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm enjoying it way more now. Got rid of a lot of the niggly things.

Even though I own a server, I agree that the server thing can be crap. Still getting kicked from other servers for smashing other teams. This No USAS\No RPG stuff is nonsense. Saw one the other day that said "No Sonflan" (sic). What are you supposed to do to take down Aircraft without a ****ing Soflam?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I dislike it. I tried to force myself to, but I can't. The supression system is utterly retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Really haven't been that affected by the suppression system but I suspect it is because I play on console. I would imagine that Metro with 64 players would be like how my granddad sees the TV without his glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The only problem I have with it is suppression.
    Got used to the gun nerf's and buffs after about a week.

As for silly server rules,they're plenty of them on PC,the most popular being no RPG on infantry. Yet you can kill them with a tank shell or a sniper from 1000m away,but a 400m hit with a rocket is considered cheating lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'm actually seeing absolutely no problem with surpression. It's made the game more realistic if anything.
    dan_ep82 wrote: »
    As for silly server rules,they're plenty of them on PC,the most popular being no RPG on infantry. Yet you can kill them with a tank shell or a sniper from 1000m away,but a 400m hit with a rocket is considered cheating lol
    Most people I know give out when they get shot at with an RPG. Fair enough if you're near a tank and get killed with one, as the enemy would have it out anyway, but to use RPGs against a single person is just annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Decryptor wrote: »
    I'm actually seeing absolutely no problem with surpression. It's made the game more realistic if anything.

Most people I know give out when they get shot at with an RPG. Fair enough if you're near a tank and get killed with one, as the enemy would have it out anyway, but to use RPGs against a single person is just annoying.

Realistic? The game was never intended to be realistic. And besides, how does a blurry screen and/or blood effects on your screen class it as 'realistic'? It's bloody downright annoying and makes weak players more effective on you. It's completely unfair that some fella that can't aim properly at you get an advantage by 'surpressing' you.

Bah humbug I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Realistic? The game was never intended to be realistic. And besides, how does a blurry screen and/or blood effects on your screen class it as 'realistic'? It's bloody downright annoying and makes weak players more effective on you. It's completely unfair that some fella that can't aim properly at you get an advantage by 'surpressing' you.

Bah humbug I say.
    Yes it is thats why they included respawns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Bah humbug I say.
    Yeah, I know what ya mean. I do think it brings in the idea that "the person that shoots first wins", which I tend to be in favour of most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Played it twice since the patch and the last time was 2 weeks ago, thats how much i dislike the suppresion in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I'm getting used to the suppression, it really annoyed me at first but I changed my preferred weapon to the AS-VAL (used to be G36C) and I seem to be coping ok now. It's still fairly annoying if someone is firing a peashooter at you from a distance making you fire innacurately at the guy in front of you but changing weapon helped for me. Also, the .44 scoped doesnt seem to be affected by the suppression as much so that's handy when you need to be more accurate at a distance.

If you are in a squad with friends, equip squad suppression and squad cover to counteract it ( a bit )

One little addition has made teamplay much better, you can now see if another squad leader has put an attack order on a flag with a x1, x2 etc depending on how many squad leaders are attacking the one flag. If you see that a flag is already being dealt with, you can decide to attack a different flag and therefore your team covers more of the map.

Advertisement